YJ gauges

cody77

i've having a little problem with my '95 YJ. the other morning i went to leave for school and none of my gauges were working. everything else is fine all my other electrical stuff works perfectly, even the backlights on the gauges are working. just no tach, speedo, oil pressure, temp., NOTHING. so anyway, has anyone else had this problem or know what might be wrong? if so, is it an easy fix or should i take it to someone who knows a little more about what they are doing? [addsig]

I'd check the obvious first like mabye a blown fuse or a loose plug to your guages. If thats not the problem then mabye you have the same problem I had...water getting through your windshield frame seal onto your wireing board to your guages. This happened to me which caused the wires to melt. Pull out your guages and see if the wires look ok, if not, try running a hose over the windshield frame seal and see if any water gets behind the guages. If it does, thats probably the problem.[addsig]

scratch that, reverse lights DO NOT work[addsig]

Every once in a while the gauges in my TJ will do this same thing. But also,the

check engine light will come on and so will the air bag light. All I do when this

happens is just bang on the dash a couple times and they all start working.

So, I am assuming that there must be a loose or dirty connection behing

the instrument cluster. HA! Can anyone imagine that? A Jeep with dirt

behind the dash! LOL
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Check for missing or broken common negative connection.

Since all the gauges are not working you should look for common which is the negative connection.

Alon

[addsig]

Back