anyone know how to bleed cluch line?

broke

Howdy folks !
I have a '04 wrangler , the cluch has been spongie and today stop working today:( I have been looking for a way to bleed the line but I cant find a bolt for "bleeding " . Anyone can help?

Howdy folks !
I have a '04 wrangler , the cluch has been spongie and today stop working today:( I have been looking for a way to bleed the line but I cant find a bolt for "bleeding " . Anyone can help?

I had to bleed mine (1994 YJ) and found out that the slave cylinder didn't have the hole drilled through.... I had to drill and it so I can have a bleeder screw on it...... The hole was there, the threads were there, the seat was there just the small hole for the fluid wasn't drilled through. Damn Chinese, the only drill in town must have been broken.....LOL
Seriously, check to see if the hole is drilled through.

I done think I have a slave cylinder....

It should be mounted on your transmission on tha left side. The slave cilynder has the rod that pushes the clutch in. Anybody else, please jump in on this one because I am confused now!

Yes you have a slave cylinder. It is located on the passenger side of your transmission. That is where you can bleed your system. It is an external slave cylinder which makes it nice if you have to replace it. On my 91 yj the darn thing was placed inside the bell houseing, I believe after the yj series they put the slave cylinder on the outside of the transmission. You should see a nipple resembleing a bleeder for your brakes on this item. {Google the slave cylinder for your vechicle so that you know what it looks like] Once ya get it located,get a friend to get in and pump the clutch 3 times ,holding the clutch pedal to the floor on the 3rd pump. Get a piece of hose about 18 inches long that you well slip over this nipple on the slave cylinder,haveing the other end of the hose in a jar with some brake fluid in it. This is so that when you are bleeding the system you can tell by looking at the hose in the jar if there is any air comeing out. Pump and bleed till you see no air bubbles comeing out. It may take 5 or 6 times of pumping and bleeding before ya get all the air out. If ya dont get a picture of your slave cylinder by useing google, just log onto quadratec and look for the part there,so ya know what your looking for. It could also be your master cylinder which is located on the firewall drivers side. If it was me ,if either one of those items is bad, I would replace both of them at the same time. Cause it's not gonna be long before the other part goes bad on ya.

On my 94 YJ the slave cylinder is on the outside, driver side of the transmission. The nipple hole was there, threaded, tapered seat but the hole for the fluid wasn't drilled all the way through.... I had to get if off the car, drill the hole through and install the nipple from my old one. Then reinstall it.....

Ok, I need to do a little more research before I run my mouth. I took for granted that the external slave cylinder was on the passenger side since with the internal slave cylinder the bleeder valve sticks out of the bell houseing on the passenger side. On one of the threads that I did some research on ,it was said that the external slave cylinder couldnt be bleed but had to be replaced,so perhaps ghost rider came up with the solution to the bleeding of it. As far as I could tell it was 94 when the slave cylinder was changed from internal to external.

Some slaves don't have a bleeder valve, you just have to top off the fluid and pump the bejesus out of the pedal to get good pedal feel.

Some slaves don't have a bleeder valve, you just have to top off the fluid and pump the bejesus out of the pedal to get good pedal feel.

The reason the damn Chinese can sell everything so cheap is because they drill holes just part way.....LOL. Seriously now, I was lucky that I own a machine shop and I could do that but what a average person can do with crap like that? Imagine living in a apartment, you don't have a place for a small drill press..... Good luck right. If you do drill it out, make sure that chips or some call them metal shavings, don't get inside of it. I got a new one and realized that I wouldn't be able to bleed it so I took the snap ring off, took it apart, drilled the hole, cleaned that area an then put it back together. Ass backwards engineering if you asked me. I suggest that if you have to go through all that, you buy a new one and make sure it has the bleeding nipple on it. Leave and learn I guess.

Your right goast rider, had to dill a hole:( although its made of plastic so it was reality easy. Thanx for the advice!

Now, why would they do that???????????????? The only thing that I can think of is that you then go purchase anouther one, with the correct way it should be with the nipple. Which is probably also made in china. In my opinion , when somebody does something underhanded like that ,to be able to get into my pocket I dont have anything more to do with them. Their integrity is ,well, there is none. We have to ween ourselves off from chinese products other wise we are gonna continually get screwd while they laugh all the way to the bank. Things like this just really pi$$ me off. Ok I'll shut up.

And where to heck is jeeps "Quality control" to allow a piece of garbage to be installed on an American icon? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Folks, I might not know much about lots of things but one thing that I know is manufacturing. I teach computer software for manufacturing for small shops and large companies. I have trained in the past at Lockheed Martin in Fort Wort, Boeing, Johnson and Johnson farmaceutical and so on.... Unfortunately, manufacturing and especially machining is becoming a thing of the past. How did we get here??? For years we wanted to have all the toys we wanted and expecting to pay less and less for them hence China. Because the labor costs, EPA regulations, taxes on businesses, we can not manufacture a slave cylinder in this country and sell it for profit for around $80.00 bucks. I will love to be able to boycot all products made in China but unfortunately, I have no choice because there are no products made in our country that I could buy even if it costs more.... We are doomed. Regarding Chrysler installing that kind of junk on a "American icon"..... Let's not forget that Chrysler is now Fiat and was Daymler Benz for years. Most of our "American" cars should come with a passport.... Shame on us that alowed this to happen.:???::???::???::???::???:

Back