Carb?

Carnuck- Let's keep in mind all the 50+ yr old cars still running in Cuba. FWIW I beleive we can run the 232/258/4.0 and the 2.5 for a helluva
long time. Carbs and 3/4/5 spds can be rebuilt, rebuilt, rebuilt, ad nauseum. Merry Christmas, or as we Norskes say, God Jul! :D

You can't find a 350 in anything new anymore! ;)

Sure you can! Chevy Corvettes, Tahoes, Suburbans, Silverados, and GMC Trucks and Yukons all use 350's in one form or another, and those are just the models I can remember off-hand. I'm pretty sure there were more models in the lineup that still use them. And even if you can't find an OEM unit, there's always the reman/rebuilt/crate options. Individual parts are still easy to find/order as well. Worst case scenario, even if you can't get a 350, you can still get a 305, which is almost just as good and still an upgrade from any modern Jeep engine.

I'd also like to see a 383 Stroker in a Jeep. If I remember right, you can build a 383 Stroker using a 350 block bored and stroked with a 400 crank and 400 heads, or somesuch like that.

Last edited:
Back