Computer bypass 2100 changeout

About the 180* out, it will not start if you are 180* out. It will pop and prob get a big backfire from the exhaust. It may backfire through the carb as well, I cant remember. I put mine in 180* out this past summer. I was changing my cam, lifters, timing chain and push rods.

69jeepcj said:
About the 180* out, it will not start if you are 180* out. It will pop and prob get a big backfire from the exhaust. It may backfire through the carb as well, I cant remember. I put mine in 180* out this past summer. I was changing my cam, lifters, timing chain and push rods.

Hay 69, when you changed your cam, did you go with a stock or performance type camshaft? I was thinking about changing mine.

Comp cams extreme 4x4 series. Major differance, tons of low end torque, I have my cam card if you want the specs on it.

808CJ7 said:
Hay 69, when you changed your cam, did you go with a stock or performance type camshaft? I was thinking about changing mine.

Oops never mind. I just saw your other post. Man that 327 must boogie in that cj!

It does now! the floors were gone and it had no dash and all the wireing was just hanging there when I got it. Once I got it together I spent all summer trying to get it to run right and couldnt, 4 wiped lobes on the cam, about half the lifters were dished, and one slightly bent push rod. Boy what a differance now.
they will have a cam for yours in the extreme series.

I was checking out your pics. Looks good. I thought you had a 258. I have a freshly rebuilt 350 out of a Malibu just waiting in the garage but I'm kinda hesitant. Probably wind up having to replace the rest of the drivetrain just to cope with all that power. But I do likes to lay me some rubber ha ha ha

Not really, the drivetrains for the 258 and the v-8's were the same. T-150 3spd or t-18 trans, dana 20 t-case, 30 front, AMC 20 rear. People put 350's, 360, 401's in these all the time. the 150 trans holds up fine under 304 and 360 power, but your 350 will have more power than both of those engines and would be my only concern. Im pretty sure the 350 will bolt to either the 4 or 6cyl bell housing I cant remember which it is, I think the 6cly. Would be some work with new motor mount, wiring, but something to think about since you already have the motor. You could sell the 350 and get a AMC v8 and all you would have to change is ONE motor mount (driverside if I remember) and move your gas line along the frame to the other side. I did this swap twice.

Last edited:
I swapped my t-150 for a t-18a about a month ago. First gear on the t-150 was a joke. T-18 is way better. I've broken two axle shafts in the amc 20. Having trouble locating a Dana 44. I think if I just get stronger axles it will be ready for the 350.

yeah the trans would have been my only concern.. have you up graded to one peice shafts for your 20? the two piece suck. I put some in one of my jeeps with a locker and didnt have any trouble with it, I was running 33x15.50 super swamper SX. If I did the engine swap it would be the 350, just because the 304 only has like 150hp (maybe less) and the 360 dont have much more. you can probably get that out of you 258. Now the 350, thats a different story. Sounds like a future swap, hint hint... lol
Its about 230 here and im beat, headed to bed. talk to ya tomorrow bro.

on the post about the two round things on the fuse box, one is the turn signal flasher relay and the other is the the flasher relay for the emergency lights, i believe

Still waiting on fed ex but.... She should be ready. What do you think? Pic one should be TDC. Pic 2 is where my rotor is lined up. Keep in mind, I was out of whack when I started. COME ON FED EX!!!

Attachments

• image-3834096882.jpg
    image-3834096882.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 145
  • image-2872114251.jpg
    image-2872114251.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 147

Rotor looks correct. Your vacuum advance should be around 3:00

Well son of a B. I might be allowed to keep my tools yet. Still no fed ex. Have no finger nails left. Gonna be hard installing HEI with little to no feeling in my fingers. Lol.

Back