d44 replace 35c

v7nf

okay,have 87 yj 35"tires 4"lift 1" body lift,d30 4.10 front,d35c 4.11 rear,5 speed-4.2,np 231,first jeep,learnin,just bought dana 44 out of xj,will be swaping out gears and axle shafts,anyone got nohow and ideas on what gears shafts I should go with?4.88?still studing on shafts!but any wisdom would be helpful,no soa yet maybe future.d30 keeping for now,want to make stronger,thank you....

First correction, you have a non-c clip D35 not a D35c, that axle wasn't installed into yj's until late model year 88. I am a fan of Superior alloy shafts or youkon shafts. 4.88 gears should be fine.

Also you will want to condicer front axle upgrades, TJ shafts and a new seal (needed to run tj shafts in your axle) is a dirt cheap upgrade.

First correction, you have a non-c clip D35 not a D35c, that axle wasn't installed into yj's until late model year 88. I am a fan of Superior alloy shafts or youkon shafts. 4.88 gears should be fine.

Also you will want to condicer front axle upgrades, TJ shafts and a new seal (needed to run tj shafts in your axle) is a dirt cheap upgrade.[/QUOTE wait I was thinking that all d35s had c-clips!?thanks for the advice man! I will replace front shafts when I get done with rear...the non-clip 35s are still a danger with 35s??right..and I thought the the only yjs that got 4.11 gears were the one with 4cylinders?? my trans case and axles I thought were replacments..from another yj..

Correct stock 4.10 only cam in 4 cyl manual YJ's 87&early 88 are some wierd ******* jeeps with one off model parts. the rear D35 is non-C clip, it is not really any better than a C clip axle since there are so many other short comings in the assembally. the only benefit of non-C clip axle is when you break a shaft, the axle won't wonder out of the housing. (assuming your bearings are decent)

Back