FS: 74? CJ5 Aluminum Hardtop

jd110boy

I just bought a 74 Jeep CJ5 and it came with an incredibly solid aluminum hardtop and doors. $500, open to being beat up on price. I don't know what year it fits, maybe 72-75? I also have a 79 CJ5 if you want to use it for reference. Doors have slider windows and hardtop is white(with a few dirty scuffs). I believe all pieces are there. The only thing I would do is clean this thing and add some new gaskets here and there. Gaskets are actually pretty nice, I am just a stickler for decent gaskets. I am a noob, so please email me for pictures, as I have never mastered posting pictures. email is my jeepz.com screenname @yahoo.com.

Nobody wants a hardtop? $500 is asking price, shoot me an offer.

Here are the pictures, I hope this works right. I can't stress enough, shoot me a price, I am flexible. The stuff on the inside of the roof is 1/8" foam that was used on the deluxe model. It has a few nicks and dirt marks...

Attachments

• P7040018.JPG
    P7040018.JPG
    526.5 KB · Views: 790
  • P7040014.JPG
    P7040014.JPG
    606.4 KB · Views: 1,685
  • P7040015.JPG
    P7040015.JPG
    606.1 KB · Views: 4,814
  • P7040016.JPG
    P7040016.JPG
    601.1 KB · Views: 657
  • P7040017.JPG
    P7040017.JPG
    523.8 KB · Views: 8,919

where are you located ,i am in northeastern KY,i am interested in the top .just need to know how far i'm going to go to get one,thanks

I am in Carol Stream, IL, west suburbs of Chicago. Let me know... I could meet you half way. Very flexible on the price, a couple days ago the city took pictures of my backyard and I think they are going to nail me for putting up sheds without permits!

i will get intouch with you in a couple of days ,selling a few parts and should be able to make a deal,thanks

Last edited:
Top is still for sale, but I am not sure how to ship it without damage. I have someone else interested in it that would like it shipped too, just not sure how.

There is a shipping company that does ship large item because UPS will not and it costs about 500.00 to ship.

I would be willing to try to ship...if the cost is not a problem. $500 seems expensive, maybe better off for me to deliver within a few states.

I will start calling shipping places monday. Sorry have not contacted sooner I have had a great week I locked myself out of my computer and lost all my info. I will let you know what I find out. You said you live in the east part of Kentucky. What is a major city that is by you. I use to live in Paducah so I am kind of familiar with the state.:)

I'm actually in Carol Stream, IL 60188. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am asking my parent if I could ship it to their house and they would bring it to me this summer or maybe you could meet them halfway and I could give you gas money. :D

Let me know their zip code, if it is not too far, I can deliver it to them. I can take some more pictures if there is anything you want to see closer. Let's make a deal... I am ready to make room to park a car in my garage!

jd110boy It looks like I can get the top you are close enough for my parents to pick it up. My mom wants a zipdee awning and you are on the way.

Plan B would be to meet them in Portage. My parents live in Detroit and they could bring ti to me next summer.
Shipping was going to be a thousand dollars.

Wondered if you were still willing to negotiate on the price.

I hope this will work for you I am so excited.

I will let you know when they are thinking of coming. thanks so much for your patients.
icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds great! How about $300 if they pick it up at my house or $350 to meet them in Portage, IN. If the awning place is closer to me, I could meet them there for between $300 and $350. Let me know, and I can still take more pictures if you would like.

Back