Handguns

Sparky, keep it. I was at a gun show two weeks ago and even the brand new ones that were made the last year were running around 500, that's just a stock 94, nothing special about it at all. The buffalo bill has the 26 octagon barrel and your right, it takes some arm just to keep it up straight.

Looked at a few of them today. I like the XD series. The compact model is really small for someone with a big set of mitts like me. I like the 4" version and I saw a nice Beretta 9mm too.

I'm going shooting again next weekend. My neighbor has an unbelievable collection and we're going to do some sampling.

I have a stainless Kimber Ultra Carry II, Officer Length. It's a .45. It's up there $$$ but it just fit my hand so well... I love it. My husband carries an HK. I've shot them both, and I prefer mine.

I hold an FFL and love all sorts of hand guns. 1st if you need to ask you need to go to someone in your area that will show you all sorts of hand guns. Read a few of the up to date rags on the subject and then touch, hold, slobber on, and plain see what feels good to you. Picking a gun is like picking a shirt or a tooth brush. Buy what feels good to you. It is a very personal item. I own and carry several different weapons love them all for what they are and what they can do. From the .500 S&W down to the 17HMR. I do love em all and all for different reasons. Personal carry for me is a Para Ordance Warhog clone of a 1911 style 45 acp. Back up is a .32acp Beretta Tomcat. Mossberg 835 Tactical Shotgun All Tricked Out for home deffence and rifles rangeing from 17 cal to a 45-70 gov. What works for one may not work for you and what works for me may not be worth a flip for any one else here at jeepz. Thems the breaks. The right to keep and bare arms is a strong belief in my home and I will never give em up to this goverment or any other. Remember Gun Control is never haveing to say I Miss You! hehehe tug

.500 S&W!?!?!? That's a freakin' cannon :shock: I'd love to shoot one, but I'm no collector so buying one is out of the question.

.500 S&W!?!?!? That's a freakin' cannon :shock: I'd love to shoot one, but I'm no collector so buying one is out of the question.
.500S&W a connon? then you obvious have never seen a .50 cal BMG or also known as 12.7 x 99mm. I have a Barret 95 match grade. Reloading costs are around 2$ a shot.
This gun is already banned in California and there has been talk on the federal level of banning these guns as well.

.500S&W a connon? then you obvious have never seen a .50 cal BMG or also known as 12.7 x 99mm. I have a Barret 95 match grade. Reloading costs are around 2$ a shot.
This gun is already banned in California and there has been talk on the federal level of banning these guns as well.

More specifically, a hand cannon...

image-missing.png

15" long, 5 lbs loaded, the cartridges are 1/2" x 2" in size and some are capable of almost 2600 ft lbs!!!... now I don't care who you are that's a cannon for a handgun!

I said I want to shoot one, but mainly just to be able to say I did :lol: I imagine unloading 5 rounds out of that monstrosity would be quite a workout :shock:

Last edited:
More specifically, a hand cannon...

image-missing.png

15" long, 5 lbs loaded, the cartridges are 1/2" x 2" in size and some are capable of almost 2600 ft lbs!!!... now I don't care who you are that's a cannon for a handgun!

I said I want to shoot one, but mainly just to be able to say I did :lol: I imagine unloading 5 rounds out of that monstrosity would be quite a workout :shock:

I think they would be great for concealed carry:lol: :lol:

Sweet neon orange...close enough to match my jeep......you think the criminal would stop and not laugh if you whip one of those baby's out?

They'd probably think you pulled a flare gun on them until they saw bullets the size of sausages in the cylinder :lol:

That is if you could draw down on them without throwing your back out trying to unholster it :lol:

(it's a heck of a lot bigger than the picture makes it look :lol)

I saw a guy on the Outdoor Channel shooting one just like that....yeah, and the bullets in TC's picture look really small compared to what they really look like. He was shooting heads of lettuce, a can of shaving cream, and 2 decks of cards, and that thing totally annihilated all of them!!! Totally awesome!!!!:D

Can't you just "reason" with the bear, without having to kill it?:lol: :lol:

ohh am I'm sure that gun will be on the endangered list as soon as "they" find out about it.:(

They've already tried, but the fact that no one has ever been murdered or illegally maimed by a 500 stands against their claims

Maybe this will put the size of a .500 round into perspective:
MVC009F-1.jpg

Shown at center, the .500 Magnum dwarfs the .44 Magnum (left) and .45 Colt (right).

Back