hesitation on acceleration

Surething

I have a 97 Grand Cherokee Larado 4.0l, problem i'm having is on acceleration I have a loss of power/hesitation. I have changed plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor(contacts in cap and rotor were heavily scored), none of which fixed the problem. I'm thinking fuel filter which is part of the pump/regulator in the tank, and i'm not to keen on taking that out. Any idea's anybody?[addsig]

I don't know for sure on the Grand Cherokeee, but there should be an external filter as well. The box it comes in suggests that it be changed out every 10k!

Try that, and check if you Catyletic Converter is stopped up. Run it in the evening and let it get good and hot. Then in park, with the motor running, take a look at it and see if it is glowing red. If it is, it may be stopped up. A loss of power is the #1 sign that a Cat has gone bad. This may not be your problem, but it would not hurt to look.

Other than that I would suggest running some injector cleaner or having them cleaned by a pro. Maybe even replaced, depending on how deep your pockets are.

Just my $.02[addsig]

I have the same problem. Mine seems to do it when the car has sat for at least an hour. It will do the hesitation thing once and then its fine for that driving sesionl

I have checked, your right on the filter, there is no external or replaceable one.

Hopefully someone, will have a fix.

Jimmy122[addsig]

Back