It's growing, it's growing

dude those front springs have some much friggin arch its insane... and damn them are some big meats! good thing you are runnin full size axles underneath o and dude totally diggin the half top ncie touch with the back up lighst on the roll bar

shes gettin there cant wait to c it done

I dont want to get rid of my springs, that is one main reason for not getting xj springs. The drivetrain cannot go in until the front Dana 60 goes in. The axle, t case, and transmission are being bought as a package deal, so everyting will be going in at the same time. I am looking at the end of August...maybe :?

The tires are 39.5 x 18's. Yeah, the backup lights really help out.

bryanjeep said:
Haha, who say I have the money to do this? I haven't driven my Jeep since October.

OK, fair enough! :lol: But, I still don't have the time or talent to do that sort of thing!! Maybe if my YJ wasn't my DD, I'd have the time....as for skills and talent, unless I could fab springs and axles and other mods out of wood, I'm sunk! :lol:

Re: Well it was the clutch

bryanjeep said:
.........I am looking at the end of August...maybe :?.......

Dang!! gonna miss most of the summer! Got anything else to play with in the mean time?

prarie's 14 bolt quest

Lookin good man, just be glad you don't live in jersey with that thing.

2nd Annual Jeeps on the Shore Event (Maryland) June 25th

I must say you have inspired me. I'm getting a 14 bolt for mine and doing a spring over too. I can't wait to see what a 70" rear axle will look like on my CJ-5 :D

It's SOA with 2.5" lift YJ springs and the fenders cut with TJ flares. The flares are useless especially with 18" wide Boggers. You may as well leave them off. They looked good when I was running D44's and TSL-SX's, but now they are only there to cover up the screw holes.
I haven't followed closely on what you decided to run here. Are those 10" wide rims? Those are pretty tall for some 39's. Maybe the fact that mine never see more than 7 psi has got me fooled.
I'm getting ready to order some Airshox for the rear of my CJ. It will also get a 4-link, fuel cell and 9" more wheelbase. That will take it out to 112".
Just a little unsolicited advice...that thing will do better on and off road if you remove the body lift and cut the fenders. It will lower your center of gravity and feel more stable off camber. They also cut better donuts that way.

This is the best pic I can find of the suspension. It's actually got a little shackle lift on the rear along with buggy leafs for articulation. You can see that I need a longer shock in the front to let it droop. The front bumper extensions are an easy way to add wheel base especially if you plan on going with hydraulic steering. No geometry to mess up, only longer hoses.
image-missing.png

red,
As far as hydraulic steering on a Chevy front, how much and where can I get cheap parts? What has to be done to the box? Tell me all you know :lol:

And for buggy springs, how much for the 2 rear and how much lift are they? Remember I really dont wanna get rid of my rear springs I have now because they have 3 inches of lift and hold a good bit of weight. Where do I get these buggy springs?

bryanjeep said:
red,
As far as hydraulic steering on a Chevy front, how much and where can I get cheap parts? What has to be done to the box? Tell me all you know :lol:

And for buggy springs, how much for the 2 rear and how much lift are they? Remember I really dont wanna get rid of my rear springs I have now because they have 3 inches of lift and hold a good bit of weight. Where do I get these buggy springs?
yeah, what he said!

RE: Vibes

Buggy springs look like (or are) cut leaf springs. One end goes in the frame mount, the other at the axle. It requires that you install a 4-link because the springs will not be locating the axle anymore.

Back