Jeep and Hummer Offspring?

extremeYJ

i just happened to stumble apon this picture today and i want to know what you think about it?

image-missing.png

its a CJ7 and a Hummer?
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Was that picture taken on the front nine or the back nine? It's entertaining to absorb all the anti-HumV sentiment from the Jeep fans and then witness some attempting to mimmick the very enemy. My response...be proud of what you own. ...and why change the distinctive appearance of the CJ's, or any other Jeep's stylish looks? The Jeep has had a profile that has stood the test of time...it is an institution of American invention. (not crapping on the Hummer, though, it also is an incredible machine) I'll keep mine as is...but maybe eventually a little bit bigger.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Did you know that Hummers have 7 grill holes just like the jeep.Copycats!!! Sully
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I know we as Jeepers love to rip on the Hummers. But as big as we make our Jeeps and as much as we put into them, the Hummers will always have something we don't- PLANETARY DRIVE!!! (I am talking about the real Hummers, not the painsy H2's) I would love to be able to drive on of those around. Without having to worry about draggin your diff on a rock would be a huge benefit. I have seen those Hummers do some pretty amazing things and I am a believer in the Hummer.

(But for the 80k plus to get a real Hummer, think what you could do to your Jeep...
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
)[addsig]

I'd like to pick up an old Military Humvee. I saw one a few months back it was the kind that had no top on the back like a truck, it was a 1986 with something like 120,000 miles and the interior was torn up the guy wanted 12 G's for it.[addsig]

I have seen the same type of prices around. Stripped Military issue Hummers going with 80-100k miles for $15k-18k. Its a damn shame considering they were bought with our tax money anyways[addsig]

can anyone else not see that pic?

Reggie[addsig]

I'd like to see a Jeep show up with a Planetary drive system, hummers are to big and bulky, nothing like a jeep to out manuver one on the trails[addsig]

I can't see the pic as well, never could. However I have to say that the hummer is alot ezer to get around in than I ever thought. I have a friend with one I have driven it. From the start i felt they would be cumbersum and hard to drive. Not the case at all very ez to get about in. on the road you have a feeling of get out of my way, very sturdy yet handled like a big ol sports car. As for off the road very smooth and ez to handle. Power to spare and traction was unreal. The look of one says I got money and I dont mind showing it. With all of that said I would rather have my ol YJ with a couple of thousand dollars worth of goodies that the hummer. In the woods he would have to do dammage to that hog to keep up around here as the trails are narrow and twist and turn like a wedding night. Yea I wish i could have a hummer, but If I could only have one off road ride I would take the Jeep. But nerver under estimate the hummer it is awsome as it is. Tug[addsig]

sorry about the picture, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt, but if you want to see it here is the link Hummer/Jeep hope it works this time
image-missing.png
[addsig]

even the aftermarket jeep companies are jumping the hummer bandwagon, i was looking through my quadratec catalog the other day and saw they sold a body conversion called a "Hum J 7" if you ask me i think it looks like shit and would keep the classic jeep look any day over that[addsig]

Back