lil bit of upgrade

Gennybro

I put a little bit of diamond plate to the rocker panels on the jeep, think it looks a lot better.

Last edited by a moderator:

It does look good. The original owner I got my CJ from added the same type strips. Also made diamond plate half doors. I'm going to replace them with some tube doors soon.

Acquired a set of stock rims for it,need to put diffrent tires on it for the highway and use the ones that are on it now for trail rideing. Was thinking about 31x9.50.but dont know if that well make it look funny. want to have good handleing on the road, but I also want a tire that can handle some mild four wheeling, never know when my wildside may kick in. Any advice would be appreciated.

My dad has a 95 YJ an had 31 9.5's on it and they just looked silly.

After replacing them with 33 12.50's it almost looks like a different Jeep, all I ever got from ppl was them telling me I need wider tires, maybe it's the 6 in lift but I just think wider tires are just a universal Jeep symbol

I think you'd be happy with the ride and the somewhat good looks of a 31x10.5 AT tire.

BTW.......Jeep looks sweet!!

How would the handleing be with that size tire? That is my main concern,besides the noise that the tires I have on it now give me. The handleing of the jeep with the tires I have on it now kinda sucks on the highway, kinda has that drifting feeling.

How would the handleing be with that size tire? That is my main concern,besides the noise that the tires I have on it now give me. The handleing of the jeep with the tires I have on it now kinda sucks on the highway, kinda has that drifting feeling.

Sorry, just realized you're runnin' 33's..........so how 'bout some '33 AT's?? The 31's would probably look really odd on your set-up. Anyway, I'm thinking an AT tread is what you're looking for - just ditched my mudders on my TJ (Rotate, rotate, rotate!!!!......I forgot that lesson!!) and am running AT's on both mine and the wife's......smooth, quite ride but I wouldn't hesitate to shoot off the pavement at a moment's notice. Just waiting to see how they handle the snow:shock::shock::shock::shock:..........no.......I didn't just say that!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Sorry, just realized you're runnin' 33's..........so how 'bout some '33 AT's?? The 31's would probably look really odd on your set-up. Anyway, I'm thinking an AT tread is what you're looking for - just ditched my mudders on my TJ (Rotate, rotate, rotate!!!!......I forgot that lesson!!) and am running AT's on both mine and the wife's......smooth, quite ride but I wouldn't hesitate to shoot off the pavement at a moment's notice. Just waiting to see how they handle the snow:shock::shock::shock::shock:..........no.......I didn't just say that!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
yeah,I just got to looking at the pictures of my jeep, and I think your right,I need to stay with 33's,thanks a lot for the input Bring on the snow, Im an all weather dog.

looks great! My Rubi came stock with the diamond plate rocker guards although not as tall. Several years ago I got the diamond plate warrior half doors in black. Matches the original black factory diamond plate well. Haven't done the corners yet but would like to.8)

yeah,I just got to looking at the pictures of my jeep, and I think your right,I need to stay with 33's,thanks a lot for the input Bring on the snow, Im an all weather dog.

i would either run a 33x12.5 or a 32x11.5. i have 31's and no lift and on a grand cherokee, but i think they would look silly on a cj/wrangler

We shall see, plan on getting 31x9.50 tires and throwing them on the beast,might get laughed at ,but we shall see. will post pics.

We shall see, plan on getting 31x9.50 tires and throwing them on the beast,might get laughed at ,but we shall see. will post pics.

Who cares if you get laughed at on "the road"? If it rides nice an smooth, so be it. Tell 'em to me you on the trail.....................

Back