Merry Christmas to me

I just ordered my wheels for the YJ. I'm getting the Cragar 397's, what they call the "Soft 8". They are black and have eight holes that are round, not "D" holes. Call me cheap, only $25 apiece new. I think the black will look great on the white YJ with black top and flares.

I'm getting the 15x7 rims with 4" of backspacing.

I'll post pics when I get them mounted.

Me too!!!!

Here is my off-roading Christmas present:

image-missing.png

I finally had to send my 32-year old Toro snowblower to the great snowbank in the sky.

Can you imagine? Only 32-years old and already the Toro is broken!

{{{{sigh}}}

Ya know, they just don't make 'em like they used to. :wink:

Gadget

Those wheels will look great on a white YJ, but I'm kinda biased. those are the same wheels I have on the XJ, but in a 16x8.

Gadget - that's a sweet machine! I cant seem to get my snow removal equipment to last more than 2 years. This is not the exact model I have, but it is similar. Maybe I'm too hard on them :?

image-missing.png

What is this "Snow" you all speak of?

And congrats on the wheels Spaky...your YJ will look mean.

your gonna need some flares to keep ya legal depending on where you live and the police. we just put the same wheels and 31x10.50's on my buddies yj and he's been ticketed 3 times in the past month. He's really slackin off, he has the bushwacker flares sitting in the shop all packaged up and too lazy to install em.

game

83mudjeep said:
your gonna need some flares to keep ya legal depending on where you live and the police. we just put the same wheels and 31x10.50's on my buddies yj and he's been ticketed 3 times in the past month. He's really slackin off, he has the bushwacker flares sitting in the shop all packaged up and too lazy to install em.

In all my years, I've never heard of anyone around here getting nailed for tire width/fender clearance problems.....guess it either isn't a problem, or I just haven't listened close enough. Maybe I'll wait till I come back from PA to put them on, though.

RE: Speaking of Christmas...

sparky nice choice. you're not cheap, i went that method too, i have the same rims. 5 shipped to my house for under 170, cant beat that. ok ok so maybe we're both cheap, who cares they'll still look good.

gadget, toro's are nice, my grandfather has had an ariens for over 40 years though. not to start a brand war, cause they're pretty comprible, just figured i'd share the longevity part of the story.

RE: Re: RE: Thought this was cool

Leave it to someone to rain on your parade....

I have those wheels, i love em. I have 33x12.50's with factory flares. No probs here. I live in pa.

Check the pick below.

83mudjeep said:

Oh its Illegal in PA to stick out, but round these parts I don't get bothered.

RE: Going newer... Got Questions.

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got'em mounted today, whaddaya think?

Before:
After-1.jpg

After:
NewWheels-2.jpg

So, has anyone else gotten their Christmas presents early? Any new Jeep stuff? Post it here if you have it, or when you get it......I know Mingez is getting something he has to post!! :lol:

RE: Re: RE: OT-Ordering Pizza in the future

Dang if I needed a Snow Blower I would move a little south till the need went away! tug

ive got those same rims, i love em and they hold up well, ive beat them kinda hard before. im getting my front locker for xmas and buying a transmission with all the other money that ill be raking in from every relative alive! i already ordered my np435 :D

Back