Motor swap

can't see it being that easy. But wouldn't be hard I put 350 in my yj with a 5spd from an s10

patyj said:
can't see it being that easy. But wouldn't be hard I put 350 in my yj with a 5spd from an s10

I know its off topic but what did u have to do to accomplish that? I have a 97 wrangler? How much did everything cost u

did it for under a grand, helps that brother n law has junk yard. Also traded things to get it done. any questions I would be glad to help fellow jeeper.

patyj said:
did it for under a grand, helps that brother n law has junk yard. Also traded things to get it done. any questions I would be glad to help fellow jeeper.

What kind of fabrication did u have to do

I was lucky I traded old axles for the motor mounts. Had to fab up transmission mount and shifter for transfer case. Of course drive shafts. where you thinking of going auto or manual transmission.

if you are going to do the swap i can give u a list of the stuff i used.

Ya that would be help full. It's defiantly on my to do list. I'm mechanically incline so it should be somewhat cheaper of I do most of the work my self

first small block of course. I use an 86 350 because i used the clutch from the s10. The bolt pattern changed in 86 on the crankshaft. If you get a transmission from an s10 with 4.3 you can use that flywheel on 86 an newer small blocks. I got motor mount that came from advanced adaptars(Traded parts to get it). I changed the yoke on the front of t-case so I could use jeep drive shaft.
If you get older 350 or 305 get an older flywheel then you can still use clutch and pressure plate. Found that out later when I was done. they both use 11in clutch. Didn't use alot of parts really. To be honest he wasn't that hard but my jeep was not fuel injected. and inline 6 and chevy smallblock weight the same.
hope this helps a bit, I did get info form s10 forum about what transmission and clutches bolt together. end result is fun I've out 4.10 gears in mine and tons of power.

don't have to worry Im in canada and it was already on the road don't need to get emissions to renew plates. And after a certain year here no worries. Damn jeep is 24 years old now.

patyj said:
don't have to worry Im in canada and it was already on the road don't need to get emissions to renew plates. And after a certain year here no worries. Damn jeep is 24 years old now.

I wish it was the same story here. I live in az and my jeep has to be emissioned every 2 years regardless off age

I would think if you keep all smog stuff on engine and put good exhaust on it should be ok. but that is alot of work for might be good luck

you would have to do a same year or newer engine and keep the emission stuff, luis. going to be expensive for you to do a swap.

Ya I know it be a lot of money. I have a few grand saved up and I wana know which way I wana go. It's either surcharge/ turbo my 2.5 or swap it out

for longevity of use, i would do a v8 swap. if you don't mind tuning and working on it, do the supercharger. hardly anyone does those and they are badass

if you want lots of torque you will have to up grade axles they wont take it. Or change gears to different you depends on how streetable you want it.

Last edited:
Back