New Hurst Short Shifter wooT

lethaldose

well i had a leak from my old shifter and went ahead and bumped up to a hurst short throw because the stock shifter is kinda like stirring soup when going through the gearbox... and after i got the old one out i noticed why i had a leak lol one bolt had almose worked all the way out and the rubber seal was in pieces... so install went pretty smooth and i love the hell out of the new one much tighter and less throw and the hurst is actually a lil taller putting it at perfect hand height from my tuffy console... still need a top shift boot but ohh well lol just thought i'd share em :D

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

You should see the throw in my transmission... Haha talk about stirring soup. My hand moves an easy 9 inches to engage 1st gear, if not more.

damn LoL ... mine was getting pretty bad but i've heard jeeps are bad for it ... my buddies 99 was the same way haha

nice looking piece...nice to hear it is a good upgrade.

contemplated getting one for my girls jeep...after driving my camaro with a short shifter in it (3" from 1st to 2nd) it feels like i'm rowing a boat in the jeep.

and she's always hittin my knee when she goes into 5th.

thaks for the info

no prob i have a B&M in my s10 that just hammers through the gears so it was a change driving the jeep .. so definantly an upgrade thats well worth it

Ah-ha!!!!
I knew it was leakin from the shifter.
Seems to be common on wranglers with a bit of miles on em.

I got hankerin for a new shifter now...great.
:D

Back