October Baseball !!!!

TwistedCopper said:
Tune in to Radio and turn the TV sound off!!! I thought everybody knew this.

John Miller - the best play by play man ever, and Joe Morgan - one of the best commentators. That guy is full of baseball knowledge.

Try it you will never go back.

AM radio baby. Keeping people informed on truth and sports since the beginning of modern technology :wink:

Thats what I do, WEEI the local sports, synced up the delay times so that you could turn the TV's volumn down and listen to the radio!

I dont know how many of you guys rock the HD setup on your tv. But the HD broadcast has 5.1 sound. So you just unhook the wires from your center channel and you lose the announcers but keep all the "sounds" of the game.

judget09, i watched the game in HD last night at my friend's place, it was incredible. HD is all its hyped up to be.

and after last nights game, after mccarver and buck pointing out all the history against the sox, and all the ways they could blow the game, and the sox still winning, nothing they say will ever phase me again.

yeah HD really brings something new to watching sports on TV or any other program for that matter. I love saturdays when there are 3 college football games going on at the same time in HD. heavenly.

Sorry to all the Boston fans but the whole Baseball tonight crew pick your guys last night to win the WS. That ofcourse is the kiss of death. It was a good run anyways right?

this might be one of the years when the BBTN crew actually gets it right. plus, does anyone really care what john kruk thinks? i gotta pick the sox too, and i'm gon' tell you why:

starting pitching: advantage sox, anytime you can say pedro martinez is your number 2 pitcher, you're doing pretty well, and there are still doubts that the cardinals best pitcher in the regular season (chris carpenter) might not be able to pitch.

bullpen: advantage sox, they are so versatile, and finally rested now, they shut down an offensive juggernaut in NY, and i expect nothing less against STL. that said, they can also bring in starters in long relief and still be successful (see bronson arroyo)

closer: advantage sox, this one i had to fight with. quite frankly everytime keith foulke takes the mound, he scares the crap out of me. but its hard to argue with what he did in the last series, he can be downright nasty when his change is working. and if there's a closer in the game that scares me more than foulke, its izzy.

defense: advantage cards, they have what 30 something gold gloves combined on that team? not to mention, if we have jesus in centerfield, they've got GOD in centerfield with jim edmonds. that was some grab, boy do i love watching him play. the sox defense is better than it started the year at, but its still not as good as the cards defense.

offense: slight edge cardinals, for one reason, 3 games will be played in an NL ball park. the sox pitchers arent used to hitting. their murderers row of pujols, rolen and edmonds, is scary, but lets not forget that the sox have a very good offense as well, with ortiz and manny, i dont expect them to be outdone. and hey, when your #1 and 2 hitters have 94 and 82 rbi's respectively, you're doing something right.

coaching: slight edge cardinals, tony larussa is a great coach, nobody will question that. but terry francona did a miraculous job piecing together the bullpen last series. and dont think for a minute that the red sox wont be just as prepared as the cardinals.

bench depth: advantage red sox, dave roberts is a madman on the basepaths, doug mirabelli could be a starting catcher for a number of ball clubs, and pokey, for the love of elevation, that boy can field.

overall, i expect a good series, hard fought throughout, sox in 6. thats my prediction and i'm sticking to it.

I am on the fence with my WS prediction. There are so many ifs that I dont know which way to go.

Starting Pitching - edge a healthy sox, who knows how schillings ankle will hold up, will STL become Pedros new step-dad?, wakefield (hahaha) I wouldnt want him pitching in the post season aaron boone, and can lowe keep things rolling and not fall apart again. if all those ifs stay fiction red sox have a big starting pitching advantage

Bullpen - edge sox, any pen that can shut the yankees down like that is top notch. I will agree with you that Foulke is flaky. I wouldnt want him on the line in a tight game. That being said he has come through with big saves

Big D- advantage cards big time, Manny is a liability in Left, Damon cant throw with the big boys, and Ortiz has to play 1B in the NL park, couple that with the steller STL defense and the cards have it.

Offence - I gotta give it to the sox on this one. Rolen is hurt first off and is barely swinging like he use to. If game 7 is any indication that Damon is back well STL is in trouble. Plus Manny wasnt Manny in the ALCS he is too good of a hitter to be down too long.

Bench - I dont know too much about the STL bench but i wouldnt be calling Roberts a difference maker and Reese is not period. I will give that a wash

Coaching - No question edge to cards. Larussa has been here before and is a great coach. Francona is crazy. Pedro in game 7 up by 7 runs come on now. Plus he looks like he is a step or two away from a heart attack.

Intangebles - BIG Edge to the STL. Gotta remember 1918, bucky dent, miracle mets, the sox have the curse working against them. Something WILL happen. The curse doesnt end with the Yankees.

Overall its going to be a great series and I think Boston is the better team on paper. Way too many ifs to call this prediction anything but a guess. I think its just going to be too much pressure on Boston and I have the Cards in 6. Boston wins game 1 and the cards win game 2-3-4, boston wins game 5 and cards win 6.

Now lets all wish Kevin Brown a happy retirement and watch some WS baseball.

gotta like your chances when you commit 4 errors, get your starting pitcher knocked out in the third, and give up 3 big leads.....and keith foulke, though he did blow the save, came up HUGE once again

red sox: 1
redbirds: 0

down 0-3 to the winningest team in baseball history, win 2 games against the game's greatest closer, 2 in a row at yankee stadium, 4 in a row overall.....

....game 1 pitcher goes less than 3, game 2 pitcher is held together by pitches, and 4 errors in each of the first two games, result, 2 wins....

.....i'd say things are finally going the way of the sox....2 more, i've waited 21 years for this, i still dont even comprehend that i'm watching the sox in the world series, unbelievable

The sox should now be able to have this series under wraps. All they need is one win in St. Louis and then they will be back to win it in Fenway. It is only fitting that the Redsox should win the worldseries in Boston. The best fans in the country have waited long enough for this to finally happen. If you thought the city was crazy when they beat the Yanks, just wait until they beat the Cards. Schilling is my hero.
Go Sox!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah some 21 year old girl was killed by the police during the celebration at fenway after game 7. my condolences to the family, this should have been a time of celebration. lets just hope if the sox do end up winning this that everyone keeps their head on straight and doesnt do anything i wouldnt do. :roll: we have to stop and remember at times that there are more important thing than being drunk idiots and rioting and setting stuff on fire and throwing bottles into crowds.

When SU won the Mens NCAA basketball national championship (first time in almost 100 years). The Syracuse police were pretty smart about things. They closed Marshall St (main street right off campus where all the bars are) so no cars where around. The shop owners hired security to watch their windows and they even greased down the lightposts and trees. for the most part everyone was real cool. Some people were trying to find stuff to burn but couldnt so they actually took off their own clothes and burned that. dummys. It was 20 degrees and snowing mind you.

Can hold on? Doesnt look like they need to hold onto much they are winning.

Back