Oil Puddles are Bad Right ???

lethaldose

i've posted before about the leaking of my tcase but now the problem seems to have moved up and is now leaking both auto transmission fluid and syncromesh from my transmission ... the puddle pic of my garage floor was from 12:00-1:30 an hour and half time lapse of it being parked and it'd already dropped that much ?? i noticed the leak had worsened last week and figured i'd better add some that weekend ... almost bone dry , put 2 quarts in the transmission & Tcase ... i'm lost here whats the deal :?

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

oh wow.

I think yer gaskets have gone caput in yer transfer case...thats just way too much oil everywhere to be a vent leak or yoke seal failure.

I would look at yer shifter plate that holds yer shifter in at the top of the transmission though.
Mine came loose and spewed oil like that too.

well it doesnt seem to be coming from the top meaning there isnt any oil visable .. but i'm thinking of selling my Body lift to get a shifter just so i can knock that out of my puzzle .... maybe this weekend i can try to get the belly pan off and see if anything is lose maybe ??

Back