soft top hardware removed. What does this mean?

pushead

Never drive sleepy and wear your belts

I have only had my jeep since october. Havent bought any top accesories yet. I keep seeing adds that say to work with soft top hardware removed. What does this exaclty mean. I dont own a soft top now. I live in FL so I realy dont see the need anyhow. I currently have a bikini, windjammer and a duster. I want to replace the duster but not sure which one to buy. My current one hooks up to the belt rails on the side.

When people sell soft tops that says "Hardware not included" it means that it's strictly the top, the material part. The poles that are used to hold the roof up and the windows in their "windowy shape" and to fit in the doors are not with it. You'll need to buy these pieces too. If you're buying an older used soft top, it may have had to have been cut to get the hardware out if it... unless it was a Bestop (which are not stitched to the hardware, and are instead velcroed)... other brands may be this way too but I'm not too sure.

Hope this helps!

Wanted Jeep CJ Fiberglass Fenders

"Hardware removed" means that you cannot use that particular item with the rails and frame a soft top uses. How is your duster , windjammer and all that attached? if it uses the rails, then you may nee to take them off.-al

Back