Something funny I read about the Liberty....

RayOvac

HAHAHAHAH........i gotta put this in...some ppl are really dense. This is a review on a jeep liberty by an owner.

/Begin Quote

Great car, but go any where and do anything?

What things have gone wrong with the car?

As I drove down a forest road, I got stuck in a mud pool.

To my surprise 3 of the 4 wheels turned bud did not have any grip, the fourth wheel (front right) had grip, but didn't turn at all.

Result: it dug in so deep that it went with it's belly on the floor and it took a monster of a 4x4 tractor to pull it free again.

Is this normal? I expected all four wheels to have power, it seems I have only 3 wheel drive when the going gets tough.

The more worrying thing is that my Liberty flooded within minutes although the underside of all four doors where above the water level, you can understand that I was shocked.

Is this normal? or did somebody at the factory forgot a plug somewhere?

General comments?

I will bring my Liberty to the Dealer next week to check the bottom for leaks, but they are quite reluctant and told me I should contact my insurance company to deal with it.

In the meanwhile I spend 4 days drying the carpet and electrical connectors out, but it is still very damp. (by the way, the electrical connectors are fitted under the carpet, you would expect them a bit higher up in a 4x4 don't you)

Don't get me wrong here, I love my Liberty, that's why I'm shocked about what happened to my car."

"A Later comment by the same guy:"

2nd Sep 2002, 12:32 Update:

I visited my Jeep Dealer today and they had a short look at it, but didn't care at all.

They told me that 95% off all Jeep owners drive them around town and never leave the road and the ones that do some off roading and the ones shown in the brochure are all specially prepared.

So it was quite stupid of me to buy a Jeep and drive it off road because they are not build for it!!!???

So when you buy one they tell you that you are buying a "though off road vehicle" with 60 years of off road experience and if your Liberty falls apart at the first piece of mud you encounter they tell you that you are stupid to take it off the tarmac at all.

I THINK THIS IS A PURE CASE OF MISLEADING ADVERTISING AND THERE MUST BE A LAW TO PROTECT US AS CUSTOMERS FOR THIS KIND OF BULL S***.

"one more comment by the guy"

13th Nov 2002, 03:51

I was told that the Liberty has a limited slip rear differential, but maybe I had to fool it by using the hand break

/End Quote

Well there you have it. Do you really think ppl like this even deserve to own a jeep?

[addsig]

Is a Liberty really a Jeep? Or is it just another Dodge mini SUV in a Jeeps Clothing. Sorry if I have POed any liberty owners but if you wanted a Jeep why did you not buy a Jeep? TUG

image-missing.png
[addsig]

My liberating outlook - Liberty = bigger Neon.[addsig]

hmm.. I see there are alot of dense people...

first of all, the 3-wheel drive comment, he probably had it in full time 4wd.. for the haters the cherokee would do the same thing in full time 4wd.. it's called an open differential every Jeep ever made has had them stock, if you put it in part time 4wd you'd have just 2 wheels spinning then...

as for the water getting in, that is a flaw that some KJs have, as he suggested.. someone forgot a plug.. Heres a KJ in water up to the headlights, the body was not modified in any way:

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=JeepKJ&album_id=74225&image_id=19&courtesy=1

As far the dealer comment, I got the same thing when my YJ was brought in once, and got the same thing again with my TJ was brought in.. guess by the definitions of the comments to follow the Wrangler isn't a real Jeep either.. why didn't all you guys buy used CJs?
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I think the dealerships, themselves, are crap. My 94 YJ broke her rear Ujoint 2 times. They fixed it the first time no problem. The second time they blamed it on my driving, replaced it, and told me that they wouldn't do it again. Now it's messed up again! I took it to a dealership down here by my school. They were on the phone back and forth with the dealership from home. They had come to the conclusion that they put the wrong Ujoint on. That's just BS! Makes me wanna punch them in the face for assuming my driving habits and for not even fixing it the right way! From now on my baby's my baby, she's staying the hell away from the dealerships!!!
image-missing.png
-Mike
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Even when my TJ was under warranty (for as good as it isn't), I wouldn't even go to the dealer for the free oil changes they gave me when I bought it. Even the recalls were taken care of by yours truly.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Don't even get me started on the liberty...I think we all know how i feel about a stock liberty, and 95% of the folks who drive them ( you van look up my previous post on the liberty ) lol
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Hehe interesting replies...I myself don't really care for the Libertys either. I just thought that this guy's reaction to his Libertys off road abilities (or lack thereof) was amusing. Libertys in my opinion look kind of dumb...like a wider TJ front on a XJ body. But hey at least they arent as ugly as the Azteks hehe.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png
[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Hehe interesting replies...I myself don't really care for the Libertys either. I just thought that this guy's reaction to his Libertys off road abilities (or lack thereof) was amusing.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

but the quote shows the guys inexperience.. not a poor quality vehicle.[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>but the quote shows the guys inexperience.. not a poor quality vehicle.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats not what I mean't...I wasn't saying that the Liberty is a poor quality vehicle at all....what I mean't was the guy thought that he could "go anywhere and do anything" but if that were so we wouldnt need lift kits and bigger tires and all that stuff to do the stuff we do. We could just buy a stock vehicle and then take it to Moab with no mods.[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Thats not what I mean't...I wasn't saying that the Liberty is a poor quality vehicle at all....what I mean't was the guy thought that he could "go anywhere and do anything" but if that were so we wouldnt need lift kits and bigger tires and all that stuff to do the stuff we do. We could just buy a stock vehicle and then take it to Moab with no mods.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

ah, ok.. sorry, I just get a little defensive when people start picking on the KJ and they don't really realize much about it
image-missing.png

[addsig]

Even I have to admit that at the trails around me, I'veseen some modified Libertys that are just as capable as anyother vehicle out on the trail. My rant was directed at the stock Liberty owner, who has no idea what off road means. I only ment to offend those people who fit in that catagory. My appologies to anyone else
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Selective offending never works out the way it is supposed to...
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

Libby's are "the best damn grocery getter on the market today" (TM me).

Yeah they should have kept the cherokee but like most vehicles, it's not what is starts out as but what you can turn it into that really determines the worth of the vehicle. And for that, the liberty is all Jeep...
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back