The difference between a CJ, YJ, and TJ?

BigTyDog

Can anyone tell me the difference between a CJ YJ TJ? I haven't the slightest idea. It's probally a dumb question but i feel dumb not knowing, so let'er rip fellas...

CJ has round headlights and a YJ has square both ahave leaf springs and a TJ has round headlights and coil springs......:)

AND.....
1955 to 1986 is a CJ
1987 to 1995 is a YJ
No jeep in 1996
1997 t present is a TJ

Don't be afraid to ask any questions........ there is no ripping going on here :)

Rob 8) :p :)

HA HA HA I knew that another TJ would come to PA's rescue .....But my little old YJ has done some trails in her time....:)

I just figured I'd jump on and represent the CJ runners.

image-missing.png

True that jhiggins, but CJ's still rule all. I prefer the cj-5 just cuz there a little smaller, i got used to smallness after having a geo tracker and a suzuki sidekick. They can fit in the smallest places, where other things cant go, muhahahaha. There like overgrown quads.

Out of the Box TJ is still the best Jeep. Not only can we do the same+ off-road but we also have the interior to ease the suffering of a hot humid day out in the woods.

CJs (I think) are only better due to the ability to Modify. :p

Another way to tell the Difference between the round lights, just by site alone.

image-missing.png

Notice that the head lights do not bite into the Grille and the shorter, more square front hood.

image-missing.png

Here is the CJ with the rounded hood and the headlights that bite into the grille.

NOW!!! Notice this little lady that looks like she could kick all our asses.
image-missing.png

Back