Thinks Rubicon is a trim LOL

You really don't have to crawl under... you can see the front one standing. I have a rubicon and i don't think I'm better than a built wrangler. It just depends how you build your jeep though.

My personal opinion is i think the Rubicon is for people that have no idea about 4 wheeling IMHO, But thats just me, My Jeep came out before the rubicon was even thought of sooo Sport, Sahara, Unlimited, Rubicon, and even the 4 banger all the same model they just have different TRIMS.

Now remember, even the rubicon has an upgraded trim/option package now...Teracon
1450d1219005091t-teracon-feb3-007.jpg

Oh you got to read this LOL This guy has no clue? A trim LOL

Hi, I don't want to come on your run, but I do wan't to correct you. When you say a Rubicon only run is the same as an JK only run or XJ only run, you are wrong. JK and XJ are modles not trims, Rubicon is a trim. I have a grand cherokee and If I wanted to do a run I woulden't say a LAREDO only run or OVERLAND only run, I would say a GRAND CHEROKEE run whether laredo, limited, or overland. So instead of you saying a WRANGLER only run you are separating the trims by saying Rubuicon only, leaving the X and Saharra guys scraching there heads saying what can your rubicon do that my built X or saharra can't

A Rubicon has Dana 44's and lockers + a 4 to 1 That's more then just a trim package. It's more then just a sticker. LOL

If it was not a trim package, then how does one explain the Rubicon version of the Unlimited?

My personal opinion is i think the Rubicon is for people that have no idea about 4 wheeling

Oh so wrong. I have owned Jeeps and have been 4 wheelin for 20+ years now when my CJ7 needed a frame I took it apart it was sad day. I lead 90% of our clubs Jeep runs so I had to get back out there.So it only made
sence that I get a Rubicon slap my winch from my DD TJ on it. added OBA
and a lift allready had 33"s and it was done. I have owned CJ's, YJ's and TJ's hell my wife and I drive her XJ. SO TO TELL ME THE RUBICON IS FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE ON IDEA ABOUT 4WHEELING. I say just the No way that's wrong. With that said the guy that owned my Rubicon before me never took mit off road. That's the crime.

If it was not a trim package, then how does one explain the Rubicon version of the Unlimited?

I call it a mechcanical upgrade package

The Stock TJL only comes with a Rear Dana 44
The stock JK4 comes with a Rear Dana 44

Again a trim package is chrome rims and fancy seats.
The Rubicon has upgraded axles lockers and the 4to1 transfere case.

Let me change my wording a bit...... I think the Rubicon is for people that don't really want to spend time working on there Jeep, so they go buy a factory built jeep. We all have opinions, and that's just mine =]

Yes the Rubicon has the lockers and 4-1 transfer case and what not, but that is considered a trim package or option.

Let me change my wording a bit...... I think the Rubicon is for people that don't really want to spend time working on there Jeep, so they go buy a factory built jeep. We all have opinions, and that's just mine =]

I cant agree here, if they offered the Rubicon in 2001, I would have bought it. It is a great platform to start out with., with just a lift and a few mods you got an awesome jeep to wheel.
Those in earlier jeeps have to do more to reach the same level.
If you look at my jeep in the same stand point the only thing I am lacking is the Dana 44 front axle, but the super 30 kit makes up for some of its weakness.

If I have waited just two years I think I would have been money ahead.

A trim package is no more than a non mechanical option that is composed of interior and exterior "trim" feature. You can purchase a TJ sahara and buy the rubicon trims on top of the unit cost. The factory will NOT ship you a sahara with the rubicon trims such as the decals and emblems on the exterior and the interior features as well. These are dealer installed items only NOT straight from the factory. You CAN custom order your Jeep from the factory with the mechanical features of the rubicon on a sahara model. These are option packages. Since the TJ and JK models has two body "Styles", short wheel base and the unlimited, this is NOT a "trim package". Since the introduction of the JK "body" in the wrangler family, there is now 2 "types", 2WD and 4WD. As funny as this sounds, i've heard of the 2WD JK ordered along with the rubicon trim and wheel package to be installed from a dealer as a dealer add on. Most of what used to be a special order option will soon be eliminated if not already no longer offered. If there's still confusion on what a "trim" is , here's a link and contact them yourself. Official Jeep Site - 4x4 SUV, Sport Utility Vehicle

Hmmmmm well then Mikey i guess i learned something today haha. and the only reason i said that about the Rubi is because i've seen it happen many of times.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, this thread made my head spin in every direction possible. The confusion started with how the terms and definitions was loosely used. At some point, the terminology needs some sort of definition to emphasize it's meaning.

I think the Rubicon is for people that don't really want to spend time working on there Jeep, so they go buy a factory built jeep. We all have opinions, and that's just mine =]

I half agree with that. I set up my 86CJ7 over the years. I added a lift
, Had the gears changed Dana 30 front Dana 44 rear, ran 33"s ,put in a T-18 , lockers , OBA and Warn Winch.and now it is waiting a frame and rebuild.

I wanted to get back on the trail ASAP.
The best way for me was to buy a Rubicon.Someone allready put 33"s
on it So I added a lift mounted my 9,000 Superwinch and OBA (had to have that) and I'm on the trail. If I want to make it better I will but for now I'm just happy to be back out there after 20 years of wheelin.

Attachments

• outofhole.JPG
    outofhole.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 370

Dude, you're way too obsessed, who cares if it's a trim package or a mechanical upgrade package. And who cares about 'Rubicon only' runs. Just get out on the trails and ride.

IMO, the Sahara came with a d44, the X didn't, and they're both different option packages. Your Rubi is no different. And I still don't understand what you're trying to prove.

About time.. I am seriously suprised people are still posting it this thread. It makes about as much sense as wiping you bum before you poop, you can do it, but why?

and too add, rubicon package is a waste of money, for what the initial purchase price is over a stripped down trim vehicle, I would go with the strip down one, toss some 1 tons and a 3 speed atlas and still have some coil left over.

Dude, you're way too obsessed, who cares if it's a trim package or a mechanical upgrade package. And who cares about 'Rubicon only' runs. Just get out on the trails and ride.

IMO, the Sahara came with a d44, the X didn't, and they're both different option packages. Your Rubi is no different. And I still don't understand what you're trying to prove.

the Sahara came with a d44, the X didn't, and they're both different option packages. Your Rubi is no different. And I still don't understand what you're trying to prove.

Must I say it again the Rubicon comes with Dana 44's Front and rear
lockers and a 4 to 1 Transferecase. That's why it is better then the X or Sahara. And I Don't have to do this Rubicon run I want to do it.
I have led many Jeep runs over my 20 years of Wheelin'

Ok I will say this it is the best Trim package out there. LOL

Back