trany

kdub5150

i got a 95 wrangler rio grande inline 4. it has an auto transmission. i was wondering what kinda transmission it got's in it. reason being is it shifts fine from first to 3rd but skips 4th and goes straight into 5th, anyone else got this problem. was just going to change the fluids cuz it gots 75k on the transmission.

A stock 95 YJ did not come out of the box with a 5 speed transmission so hard to tell what you have.

well when i drive it and count the # of shifts it shifs 5 different times. so i counted 5. would a transmission number help if i got it.

You should have a TF 904, 3 speed. Take a look, maybe someone did an upgrade.

Like saddle tramp said, stock was a TF 904, 3 speed. My 97 TJ has the same transmission, when my torque converter locks up the rpms drop about 400 which sounds like it is shifting into another gear. Mine also used to slip when it would shift into second until I learned that in a chrysler transmission the pump doesn't run when it's in park, needs to be checked in neutral. I was about a quart and a half low.

u guys know where to find the transmission number on the transmission at i.ve checked the whole thing and i cant find the transmission numbers u guys gave me, just wondering if im looking in the wrong spot.

Number isn't on the trans.

116_0302_trans05_z-1.jpg

bottom one is 904. Top is 727 (used on some 6 cyls and most '80 up AMC and Mopar V8s)

Back