Wait till your father gets home

phattie

RE: 2000 XJ Rough Idle

What kind of trouble can I get into for wheelin where I'm not supposed to??

PS: GO PHILLY!!

Dont know about water

GO EAGLES!!! You cant get in trouble on superbowl sunday...its a holy day :)

That depends where you're trespassing, but be mindful that many private property owners are quite prepared to handle matters on thier own ;)

PS: GO PATS

Bounty__Hunter said:
All kinds around here, you won't get any mercy for givin our sport a black eye.

My thoughts exactly, Bounty!

And, as far as the law goes, there's criminal trespass, vandalism, wreckless or careless driving, and scores of other laws you could be charged for breaking, many or which would include jail time, large fines, and perhaps even the loss of your vehicle.

But, as Bounty said, it just ain't cool, so don't do it. Jeepers all across the country have worked long and hard to protect their rights to go wheeling in various areas, and one idiot driving through a golf course or a nature preserve can undo 20 years of work in less than 5 minutes.

Re: 1998 Cherokee $1500 and still not fixed

So what did you do?

Where you at in KY?

There's a few offroad parks in Kentucky (on opposite ends of the state) where you can legally wheel, and they're a lot of fun.

RE: hilarious mockup pic of my car! photoshopped!

I've gotten two warnings doing it out of state. If I lived in the state I would have gotten a ticket, the person doing it with me did anyway.

I'ts def not kosher and does put a bad name on our sport. I did it when my jeep was new and I didn't know much better.

(WHO CARES ABOUT FOOTBALL?)
:shock: Lady

Changed to synthetic blend oil, should water temp drop?

I was wheelin in a sub divison. Its not even graded yet they just got a sign out front taht says they are goin to buid there. tha guy there let me know just how happy he was though.

I've got enough sense to stay off golf courses and wildlife preserves, just had a wild hair and it was close to home. :roll:

RE: hilarious mockup pic of my car! photoshopped!

been there, done that! the way I see it is they still have to grade it out and everything, and it's not like your really tearing anything up compared to how it already was.....

But, if there's signs, I don't go near it!! Or, like you said, golf courses and all that type of stuff

RE: Changed to synthetic blend oil, should water temp drop?

Keep in mind, a lack of a sign does not make it legal. If you are going to wheel on private property, it is best for at least one member of your group to carry written permission from the landowner.

signs or no signs the property owner is still liable for your safety. Thats why he probably wasnt too happy about you being there.

Here in massachusetts, bad things can happen, when you violate the land in that manner!
Not to say anything about you or anyone else, but...

If you feel content wheeling illegally on private property, send me you address, cause I want to be the first person to do do-nuts in your front lawn! and see how you like it!

jps4jeep said:
cause I want to be the first person to do do-nuts in your front lawn! and see how you like it!

You can come do dough nuts in my lawn...cause I'll do it right back!!

actually I'll just back up to your house and powerbrake it till your house is completely covered and all your windows are shattered... and you'll have two 44" by 19" deep holes in your lawn to fill in...

Re: RE: another option for Bchcky

Well if its premises open to the public you can be nailed for careless or reckless driving, depending on what your doing. If its private land, trespass, which is a crime.

well here in Oregon, at least for out in the country, you have to have an appropriatly size "no trespassing," or equivilant, sign posted.
I know it is obviosly not like that for in the city though.

RE: newbie questions

88Wrangles said:
well here in Oregon, at least for out in the country, you have to have an appropriatly size "no trespassing," or equivilant, sign posted.
That's generally true, for trespassing. Criminal Damage to Property would likely be a whole different story.

Where are you at in KY? :roll:

Lots of good info here sounds like I should heed your advice. I did a little research and read somewhere that even a small mound over an enterance can represent a gate which in turn means no trespassing.

I don't know where I'm at Bounty it all looks the same to me, one stop light and a Walmart :D but I am planning a trip out to the land between the lakes in spring, have you been there?

What is your "stupidest" or "worst" stuc

Bounty__Hunter said:
88Wrangles said:
That's generally true, for trespassing. Criminal Damage to Property would likely be a whole different story.

Where are you at in KY? :roll:

Was talking with a farmer friend about this earlier today, and he related this:

A couple of years ago, two high school boys were caught spinning donuts in his wheat field by the sheriff. They were charged with criminal trespass (even though there were no signs posted, in Kansas there doesn't have to be signs posted), wreckless driving, DUI, unsafe equipment (bald tires), and interfering with interstate commerce (a felony). Interfering with interstate commerce? Yeah, I wondered about that, too. Apparently, since the farmer sells his wheat to the grain elevator, and they ship it out of state, that makes his crop part of interstate commerce, and by destroying part of it, they interfered with it. Penalty? Up to 15 years in Federal prison (yeah, that interstate commerce thing is a Federal offense), $15,000 in fines, $10,000 in restitution to the farmer, forfeiture of their vehicles (also because of the Federal offense), a felony record that will stay with them for the rest of their lives that will prevent them from getting certain jobs, licenses, owning firearms, etc., etc., etc.

Yeah, just a couple of harmless donuts......

RE: Dont know about water

Sparky-Watts said:
...........Was talking with a farmer friend about this earlier today......

Wasn't that guy with the red barn, was it Sparky? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back