What File Swap Music Download Service Do You Use?

Tug-n-pull

I use to use download a bunch of music. Do any of you do this now and what service is good and what is bad? The big one I was useing messed up my computer so I have been afraid to go there again! Tug :-? [addsig]

LOL, I just got in a huge fight on another website about this topic. Someone asked this question and I said to not talk about it on websites. Because, this is how the feds find out about these sites and them force them to close. He got all ticked and said that I was the reason that CD prices are so high. So I asked him to explain why they were so high 5 years ago when this wasn't happening. LOL

I use WinMX. You can get text, pictures, movies and music[addsig]

I also use Kazaa. it has music, but i have also found it useful for find videos of jeep and other 4x4s trail-riding and mudding. <a href="http://www.kazaa.com" target="_window">http://www.kazaa.com</a href>

TARSI

edited by: tarsij, Mar 05, 2003 - 02:39 PM[addsig]

actually, kazaa is my preference (but i use winMX because of OS glitches with kazaa)... if you're gonna use kazaa, use kazaa lite (no popups/reporting)

-nate[addsig]

I used to use Kazaa but had too many problems with the software. I Now use WinMX and it's much better :-D .

edited by: XJNick, Mar 05, 2003 - 06:01 PM[addsig]

USE WINMIX...it's one of the only "safe" downloading sites out there. At the risk of sounding like conspiracy freak, the others (Imesh, Kazaa, etc) sell space on thier bards and plant these things called "spyware" (check it out on a search, they do exist). If you use Imesh or Kazaa, ever gotten' a pop up for "gator"? I had to return one brand new Dell due to the amount of spyware and trojan horses found on my puter. Dell and Gateway recommend Winmix..a little slower, but a lot safer.

Rob :p :cool: :)

edited by: PASmokeater, Mar 05, 2003 - 08:12 PM[addsig]

I use WinMX and have had no problems with it and its great........... :-O :-O [addsig]

Tug i have used kazaa oh my goodness i got a virus or something it totally messed my computer up cuase i dont dl things and i had started and it got like that on i think like the 3rd song i dl'ed i got a new computer sence then and i havent been back lol i use winmx and i love it... :)

edited by: PantherChick, Mar 05, 2003 - 09:32 PM[addsig]

i use kazaa and ive never had any trouble with it, sometimes it likes to misbehave with AIM and not sign onto it, but all you have to do is exit out of both of them then open AIM again and sign on, then open kazza. this only happens like 1 out of 50 times tho. never heard of winmix or whatever[addsig]

winmx, to me it is more user friendly......for those of us that stuggle with tecnology...odax :cool: [addsig]

MIRC dude ! The only way to fly !
Seems a little complicated ,but not really that though
[addsig]

if you use kazaa like i do get yourself pest patrol
it will find all the little nasty stuff, i even found a key
logger which records your key strokes, even web sites
put them in your cookies and also regular software
has them also just like kazaa does so your really not safe no matter
what you do.[addsig]

Limewire here... I'm suprised nnbody else uses it![addsig]

Limewire is a pretty good service.

I use WinMX when I use Windows, and Limewire when I use Linux (Most of the time). Anyways I've had good luck with it. :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

I'd stop downloading music before I'd resort to using anything with the word "Kazaa" in it. :shock:

The service was good for awhile, now it's just full of ads, spybots, trojans, and whatever other illegal stuff they can manage to throw in there. :x

I really hate companies/organizations that resort to using spybots and trojans in their software. What's so amazing is how many people will still use it instead of using one of the better alternatives. :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

Kazaa lite ++ is the way to go. A few guys hacked the Kazaa program and pulled out all of the addware and it even blocks known RIAA ip adresses so the cannot track you down and sue you.

With that said I do run a virus scanner and a spyware scanner on everything I "legally trade" with my friends.

Back