Where are they breeding the idiots???

LOL, the change thing is funny. The sad thing is people should have to do the math in their head to COUNT change back... ok take away the 3 penies and start counting. I hear it every day, Wow you don't see anyone counting back money... back in the day When I was 16 working at the movie theater I could not for the life of me teach more then one or 2 people to count money back, I would have to go over and fix their mistake somone would hand them a ben, and they would hit 10bucks by mistake and be lost and scared.
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

LOL. Too funny. Is that like some of these fast food places don't even have digits on th registers anymore, but pictures of the food. Thats more pathetic. My wife and I got McD's after my surgery we ordered 2 drinks and a burger and nuggets. We get our drinks and my burger and the girl at the window juts looks at us. I said, we are waiting for nuggets, she continues to look at me like I have a a arm growing out of my forehead and doesn't reply. I said it again and asked for straws too. She still sits and looks at me. I was liek what the heck am I soeaking greek? Finally she walks away never saying anything and a 2nd girl comes to the window. I told her the same thing she says hold on and comes righht bacxk with nuggets and a 2nd burger. At this point I was like WTF? So I tell her i already had a burger and she says oh its ok keep that one. Now I'm really baffled. Then I asked for straws she says ok and hands me salt packets. Now I am so mad I told my wife forget it and we left. Simple requests took too much effort.

Simple change stumps a lot of kids...but trig, well that just buries them.
As most of you know I am industrial machinist (large mining parts).
My company sponsors local Vema students (Vocational education in the machining arts). So every year I get to meet some of the brightest kids from our beloved Utah public education program. Over the years our interns have simply amazed us with there...umm...potential.

I have dealt with Trig and geometry every day for 25+ years, that I can do most it in my head. But some of these kids coming through cant even do it on a calculator! This is supposed to be there chosen fields! We are not asking them to calculate a parabolic curve, just simple right angle tri-angles. Even with cheat sheets these kids struggle, not sure what buttons to push on the calculator. This is scary!
I loved the one young man that came through, he was taught how to read digital calipers, yet couldn’t read a 1/16 tape measure. Can you say “would you like fries with that”

Since you brought up fast food flunkies, here's what gets me. You go to pay for your order and the clerk looks away and holds out his/her hand. I'm thinking what are you looking at, I (the customer) am right in front of you. It's like they are too busy listening to Pookie talking about getting geeked at the club last friday to be concerned about customer service.
Take notice next time you go in the sto.

Since you brought up fast food flunkies, here's what gets me. You go to pay for your order and the clerk looks away and holds out his/her hand. I'm thinking what are you looking at, I (the customer) am right in front of you. It's like they are too busy listening to Pookie talking about getting geeked at the club last friday to be concerned about customer service.
Take notice next time you go in the sto.
That gets me too... I just set the money on the counter in front of them.

Yesterday morning the guy at Dunkin Donuts asks if he can help me, and as I tell him I want an XL coffee he is ignoring me because he is talking on his headset to the guy in the drivethru line. After a while he looks at me and says... I'm sorry, can I help you?

Are you ready this time? :rolleyes:

Another thing is how the guy behind the counter has a name tag that says "Tim". A year ago, he was Aktar. The son of a gun is barely understandable when he speaks, so why am I supposed to be dumb enough to call him "Tim"?

I always leave saying thanks, Aktar. He always says your welcome. Whatever there Tim-bo :???:

I shouldn't be too hard on the guy. He works his tail off and owns a business, which is pretty respectable. He is aslo the only guy in there on occasion. Man... now I have guilt :twisted:

How about when the clerk is too busy running her mouth to other employees and she never says anything to you until everything is scanned then tell syou ther price and looks away. Like you said, putting their hand out for the money. What you should do is shake their hands when they do that. May scare the heck out of them, but it will make them think twice about just sticking the hands out without looking.

Simple change stumps a lot of kids...but trig, well that just buries them.
As most of you know I am industrial machinist (large mining parts).
My company sponsors local Vema students (Vocational education in the machining arts). So every year I get to meet some of the brightest kids from our beloved Utah public education program. Over the years our interns have simply amazed us with there...umm...potential.

I have dealt with Trig and geometry every day for 25+ years, that I can do most it in my head. But some of these kids coming through cant even do it on a calculator! This is supposed to be there chosen fields! We are not asking them to calculate a parabolic curve, just simple right angle tri-angles. Even with cheat sheets these kids struggle, not sure what buttons to push on the calculator. This is scary!
I loved the one young man that came through, he was taught how to read digital calipers, yet couldn’t read a 1/16 tape measure. Can you say “would you like fries with that”
Trig is easy it's the calc that gets me. Sometimes it is difficult switching back to simple addition and multiplication coming out of double integrals and derivatives all day. I passed calc last year and settled back down to an easier math for a refresher.
At my job if you show promise you get promoted so the idiots get stuck on cash every night. I'm a cook and it bugs me to no end when the cashiers won't hit subtotal to refresh the orders on my screen as they take them and all of a sudden i'll have 10 things pop up at once. Grrrrrr:x

Memphis I think. Seriously.

Man, I graduated from MUS in 94 and moved to Fayetteville AR (U of A). I ended up staying here but I have to go back to Memphis every once and awhile to check properties in Memphis and Marion, AR. Memphis has gotten SCARY in the last 10-12 years. I hope you are well armed.

I think the number of stupid people is growing exponentially each and every day. I think it's some kind of bird-flu that science has not yet detected. It doesn't kill you, but it does make you dumber than a bag of hair.

Oooh, customer service... It's sad, because the majority of people don't expect it, and therefore disregard it... I hated that...

Me: Hi, how are you today?
They: Yes, a footlong tuna on wheat, no cheese...

Odd mood to be in, but whatever...

Oooh, customer service... It's sad, because the majority of people don't expect it, and therefore disregard it... I hated that...

Me: Hi, how are you today?
They: Yes, a footlong tuna on wheat, no cheese...

Odd mood to be in, but whatever...

I gotta say I hate the general public.

My pet peeve is when going to a store and the cashier hands me my change and either says nothing or "here ya go". No thank you at all. Usually when they do that I reply with a "you're welcome'.

I like the comments on here because they are all true. Another intelligent community of students, earlier this year we had a guy going around the college neighborhoods at night and walking into unlocked houses and touching sleeping girls. Even after giving press releases, emails at campus, and flyers in the neighborhhod on doors, it kept happeneing. Last girl was sleeping naked and woke up to the guy touching her butt. Talk about dumb stuff. He never had to force his way in, just turned knobs and entered. It shouldn't have happened after the 1st one, or the 2nd, or the 3rd, but we ended up having about 20 reports of this happeneing over a 2 month period

I finally lost it last summer,... and first I will say that my response was as immature and childish as the clerk in the restaurant was stupid, but hey,... every so often some poor S.O.B. tosses the last straw on the pile, and God help them...

I went through Jack in the Box. I ordered a Jumbo Jack CheeseBurger, NO Pickles, said it three times as I am allergic to vinegar, a large fry, nuggets, and a coke. Simple,... I am used to them screwing up the no pickles part though, so I am somewhat expecting a problem. I get to the first window and pay for food that I can only hope and pray I get at the second window (this ****es me off to no end by the way). They then hand me my bag out the second window. I open it, and notice the nuggets aren't in there. I ask for the nuggets. He (a 17 year old smartass that has so many piercings it looks like he got his butt kicked by a tacklebox) hands them to me and I pull forward to clear the line and check the burger. No pickles, I was impressed, but also no cheese. I drive back around and pull up and tell them they screwed up my burger it is supposed to have cheese, and I remind him about the pickle issue -I swear this is all 100% as it happened- he takes it, fumbles around and comes back with the burger. I ask him if it has cheese he says yes. I pull forward as Im checking it for cheese, it has cheese,... but also an assgrab of pickles on it. I PULL BACK AROUND, and inform him I can't eat it because the vinegar from the 5000 pickles he put on it is everywhere and to REMAKE me a JUMBO JACK CHEESEBURGER WITH NO PICKLES. He takes the screwed up burger, fumbles around for 15 more minutes brings the burger back and hands it to me with a kiss-my-arse attitude and stands there with the window open. I unwrap it in front of him, and discover it has no cheese on it and another thousand pickles!!! I flip, I wing the burger through the window and nail him square in the face and then drive off.

As I said,... I know it was immature,... but How Damn Hard Is It??? DO I NEED TO DRAW YOU A MAP?!?!?

And, as I drove away I must confess I felt amazingly better imagining the stunned look on his face as a thousand pickles slid off his ears. I still get satisfaction from that image :)

Last edited:

I finally lost it last summer,... and first I will say that my response was as immature and childish as the clerk in the restaurant was stupid, but hey,... every so often some poor S.O.B. tosses the last straw on the pile, and God help them...

I went through Jack in the Box. I ordered a Jumbo Jack CheeseBurger, NO Pickles, said it three times as I am allergic to vinegar, a large fry, nuggets, and a coke. Simple,... I am used to them screwing up the no pickles part though, so I am somewhat expecting a problem. I get to the first window and pay for food that I can only hope and pray I get at the second window (this ****es me off to no end by the way). They then hand me my bag out the second window. I open it, and notice the nuggets aren't in there. I ask for the nuggets. He (a 17 year old smartass that has so many piercings it looks like he got his butt kicked by a tacklebox) hands them to me and I pull forward to clear the line and check the burger. No pickles, I was impressed, but also no cheese. I drive back around and pull up and tell them they screwed up my burger it is supposed to have cheese, and I remind him about the pickle issue -I swear this is all 100% as it happened- he takes it, fumbles around and comes back with the burger. I ask him if it has cheese he says yes. I pull forward as Im checking it for cheese, it has cheese,... but also an assgrab of pickles on it. I PULL BACK AROUND, and inform him I can't eat it because the vinegar from the 5000 pickles he put on it is everywhere and to REMAKE me a JUMBO JACK CHEESEBURGER WITH NO PICKLES. He takes the screwed up burger, fumbles around for 15 more minutes brings the burger back and hands it to me with a kiss-my-arse attitude and stands there with the window open. I unwrap it in front of him, and discover it has no cheese on it and another thousand pickles!!! I flip, I wing the burger through the window and nail him square in the face and then drive off.

As I said,... I know it was immature,... but How Damn Hard Is It??? DO I NEED TO DRAW YOU A MAP?!?!?

And, as I drove away I must confess I felt amazingly better imagining the stunned look on his face as a thousand pickles slid off his ears. I still get satisfaction from that image :)
Those pickles weren't the only thing he put on that burger about the 3rd time you took it back.
I know what those morons are capable of doing to your food when you are sitting in your car waiting.
I either go inside behind the counter where you can watch them fix it, or just get a full refund and drive off.

NICE!!!!! That's one thing that would probably get someone beaten if I knew for sure,... I have never liked people screwing with my food. Not real sure why but many Sunday Afternoon Gameday scuffles have broken out because one of my friends thought it would be funny to put some form of foreign object into my food. Well,... it this specific instance I got the last laugh,... and now it is even better,... I wonder how long it took him to get the "100% organic hair gel" out....:lol:

All joking aside I will keep that in mind though,... and go in next time I have to deal with "Tackle-Puss",... besides,... I could probably get a lot more distance and speed if I was standing instead of sitting.... :razz:

Last edited:
Oh yeah,... didn't hire anyone after three days of back to back interviewing.... pretty sad actually...

Rezemay:

Name: me doh….stupid question!
Address: Home here in Utah
Phone: yes I have one

Education: I made it thru the 5ph graed, skool was hard 4 me
Marriage status: wife, wife, wife, wife…( what do you expect its Utah)

Utah,... Lets Discuss Salary :beer:

Last edited:

I like the comments on here because they are all true. Another intelligent community of students, earlier this year we had a guy going around the college neighborhoods at night and walking into unlocked houses and touching sleeping girls. Even after giving press releases, emails at campus, and flyers in the neighborhhod on doors, it kept happeneing. Last girl was sleeping naked and woke up to the guy touching her butt. Talk about dumb stuff. He never had to force his way in, just turned knobs and entered. It shouldn't have happened after the 1st one, or the 2nd, or the 3rd, but we ended up having about 20 reports of this happeneing over a 2 month period

I wasn't going to hurt any of them....I just liked touching them.:redface:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wichita has had a problem the past few years in the winter with stolen cars. People start their cars and let them sit unlocked while they warm up in the mornings, so the thieves cruise the neighborhoods looking for the exhaust coming from them (they call them "puffers"), and when they find one, they jump in and usually joyride in them till they're trashed, then dump them on a backroad in the county and torch them. The cops have spent literally thousands and thousands of dollars with PSA's and fliers to educate the public about not leaving their cars running and unlocked, but to no avail. Plus, it used to be illegal to leave an unattended vehicle running anywhere in the city, but last year, they changed the law stating you could do it if it were equipped with a remote starter and the doors were locked. Heck, the thieves are just gonna trash it anyway, what's the difference to them if they have to smash a window to get in?

Stupid is as stupid does.

Those pickles weren't the only thing he put on that burger about the 3rd time you took it back.
I know what those morons are capable of doing to your food when you are sitting in your car waiting.
I either go inside behind the counter where you can watch them fix it, or just get a full refund and drive off.

[Joe Pesci voice] "Never go through the drive thru! They always **** you at the drive thru!" [/Joe Pesci]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back