Why are you a member at Jeepz.com

I found this place after doing GOOGLE searches with questions about YJ's. I found several sites, but this one had the most information and I like it's style. It has been a BIG help to me and quite entertaining at the same time. I sure was blown away when JHiggins past away though. Man he was all over the questions I had (as many of you were) sometimes with an answer, and sometimes humor. Tragedy SUCKS! Now I find myself a member checking in almost every day still asking questions about what I don't know and trying to help others on the things I do know. This really is a great site. :D

Well i would have to say i just joined because i just bought a 94 yj. I have been wanting a jeep since i was little, i saved up a little money and now i am an offical jeeper. You guys have been great so far, all my questions have been answered and though you might say newbie when you read them, you show good class and understanding to me when you answer. Thanks for everything so far guys, hopefully someday soon i can gain enough knowledge to help others out

It's sad to admit, but I'm too new to deny it. I came in looking for someone to help me put my top on. Who knew so many guys are so helpful putting a girls top ON. I thought it was the other way around :wink:
I suppose I've stuck around because I'm a jeep girl now.

i found jeepz because one day i was procrastinating on starting homework and typed in jeep in a yahoo search. so jeepz came up and i read for a bit before i signed up, seemed like a cool and helpful place. i don't really know much about jeeps, but i'm learning. as i surfed other jeep related sites, i was surprised to see how other people on other sites bash each others ideas and then quarrel with each other. so the more i looked around, the more i realized that jeepz was the place to be. people here are helpful and although sometimes i may ask stupid questions, i don't have a problem asking them here (for fear of being ridiculed or anything, as on other sites). oh yeah, i also needed a way to keep on procrastinating on homework.... :)

Re: State lift laws... accurate?

i would have to say all of the above... i'm here because of the people, the tech expertise, etc, etc..... more than that, to be around other people with 4x4's!

Catskill Jeep Jam was great time.

I joined Jeepz because I am a Jeeper and my significant other is a Jeeper (also a Jeepz member) and between us we seem to have become a couple of Jeep Nazi's. Seriously, though... we don't live, eat and breath Jeep but it is a common topic of conversation. It only seemed logical for me to join a group where I could learn more about my Jeeps and Jeeping. Also, you can never have too many wheeling buddies!

~Mel

BPS

I joined before I even got my Jeep (still waiting) just to get a feel for the Jeep lifestyle and to get a few basic questions answered. I used to own a 442 and belonged to some boards related to muscle cars in general and it never felt the way it does here. You could ask a question and half the time you would get blasted for asking the question and sometimes you would get some informed answers.

I also was looking for some local people or trails and have found neither, yet.

This is the second Jeep board I ran across and there is no comparison. I came here for the info and stayed for the people.

Thanks for al of the reply's. It is good to know why sometimes but it seems we are mostly all here for the same reasons. I for one am just glad everyone has found this site and hope it keeps growing like it has. New members are the life blood of a site like this. With every person comes new points of view and ways of doing things not to mention personalitys and humor. Tug

It's a place to talk about Jeeps and other like minded topics. Althought I pontificate everynow and again, I don't get crapped on too much - sometimes they take a friendly jab at me (at least I think it's friendly) but that's the way it should be. People have to make fun of their own fanaticism.

here's something I got off of Hardcore Jeep a while back - I'm sure it's been on this site, but if it hasn't been around for a while - it's good to bring it back now and again.

I'm fairly sure most around here can relate.

4x4 Creed
by Tony Sain

What many see as excessiveness,
I see as necessity.

What many see as too expensive,
I see as priceless.

What many see as twisted sheet metal,
I see as a sculpture of experience.

They call it maintenance.
I call it caring.

They say, "Why replace a perfectly good part?"
I reply, "If it were perfect, it wouldn't need replacing.
Besides, there are no perfect parts."

They call it broken.
I call it wounded.

They see a scratch.
I see a memory.

They'll take the low road. They'll take the high road.
I'll take a little of both and a lot of the space between.

Some say I am destroying the earth.
I say that I am becoming a part of it.

They look at it.
I look at it. I feel it. I taste it, breathe it and wear it in my hair.

When they take away a trail,
they take away my air.

They say we are different...
I say they are right.

When you come to a fork in the road...
Go straight.

nice

I just recently joined up. I never really looked to hard for a site but glad when I did I landed here. I am a member of two really nice bikes sites and have been with them for over 2 years. I have met some of the best people all across this country through these sites. This site seems to be in the same category as those. I can't wait to meet up and do a little wheeling you folks.

And technical info and someone else to BS about Jeeps is ALWAYS a good thing. Beside my non-jeep friends and my Wife can only take so much.

Back