Big hello from Scotland ;-)

TypeZXRs

Big hello to you all and happy new year.
I've used the site a number of times for some help when working on my XJ.
Cracking site! Hence now a new member.

Hey There! Welcome, I spent a number of years in the UK, down in the south near Oxford. Used to run the workshops at Frogs Island 4x4.

Hi Allan

Travel a fair bit to Aberdeen for business but have never had the oportunity to go off-roading. Have driven a fair bit around Aberdeenshire doing the tourist things in a rent a car and have caught a few Highland Games. Enjoy the local brew but I must admit though I realy like Haggis, neeps & tatties.

Aberdeen is a nice city, I have family there. Off roading in Scotland is nearly impossible unfortunately. You need the permission of the land owner. If it's owned by the local authority/government then the trespassing laws will certainly give you a destruction of property record and possibly your car crushed. Best thing to do is go to an organised event or pick a place up the highlands far from civilisation.
You can "greenlane" in England but the Scottish government don't like anything that can damage the scenery! To many teenagers ripping about on motocrossers seen to the end of 4x4s going anywhere.

Back