Can we make an 8 page post JUST about JEEPS?????

Uh Mingez, cant help but notice that your website has been under construction for quite sometime, with pictures that seem to not show up.... Disappointing... VERY disappointing....

laneiac said:
Uh Mingez, cant help but notice that your website has been under construction for quite sometime, with pictures that seem to not show up.... Disappointing... VERY disappointing....

yeah, there are some things I can't do in the very unintuitive dreamweaver software that I have. Essentually, I got pissed off at the pic linking feature, which for some reason isn't writing code on the index file pointing out the pics location. It's pissing me off. I've redone the index a million times. I'm currenlty looking to bum frontpage to see if once and for all I can correct it.

I know I will get some people razzed, but I hate dreamweaver. Yes it's more powerful yada yada, but crap like this happens all of the time. I never had these issues with frontpage. (which sucks because you can't do as much with FP) I'll get on it soon.

BTW Sully, that last one made Sprite come out my nose. Stop dude... you're killing me. :lol:

OK just to add to the general wild posting here. I just saved a bunc.... no atually I bent my TJ drag link up pretty good on the Rubicon and replaced it with the Currie HD drag link. This thing ROCKS1 All I gotta say is if I bend that monster up I going to have some sereous problems elsewhere on the jeep.

Hey Brian it's been a while!

Oh well, I overslept! Now a big coffee for me and back to the wrench!

TwistedCopper said:
Sparky-Watts said:
6 pages ain't nothin'! At the geocaching forums, we've got a topic there that just hit 914 pages, 50 posts per page!!! And it's only been going for just under a year!

Sounds like they need a couple of better moderators. How the heck could you follow that one!?!??!?!

Naw, it's just fine. It's called Abject Silliness, and it's a thread for anyone to come and blow off some steam in an abjectly silly way. We've got a group of regulars, it's pretty much like a chat room now, only in slow motion!! There is no topic, so you can't post off-topic. Do a Google search for "Abject Silliness", and it should be right at the top of the first page of responses!

Jeep CJ-5:
Calipers blasted, painted and about to be rebuilt.
Valve covers strpped and ready for repainting.
304 about to get a new intake (Edelbrock performer) and Carb (Edelbrock Thunder Series AVS)
New starter to go in.
No power to the rear so transfer case coming out to see if rear yolk or output shaft dead.
Exhaust needs a little work.
Inside is a heater hose nightmare (yes in the cab). Figure this one out and find room in the back for a rear seat from my CJ-7 that is electrically dead.
After all this it best run like a champ.
Almost forgot the passenger side rocker arms only finger tight so 2 bent pushrods.
This is the way the CJ came.
As they say, Jeeps are built!

While I'm at it, anything I should look for with the bent pushrods? Possible problems with lifter or cam? Opinions please.
D :shock:

jeepmaster said:
what is geocaching again? something w. a GPS unit?

Basically, you use multi-billion dollar satellites to locate tupperware boxes full of McToys in the woods! :lol:

Yeah, you use a GPS to find boxes of trinkets hidden in various places around the planet. There are over 120,000 geocaches out there now, and more are being added every day. Visit http://www.geocaching.com/ to find out more. They've even teamed up with Daimler Chrysler to give away 3 Jeeps this year!!

YJ - Top / Doors for sale... Vegas (NV) area

Woo hooo an abject silliness thread, just what I wanted! lol Well, it is nice to see everyone talking though and just about the whatevers in life, jeeps or not and its mostly positive.

Sparky, I can't wait to get a GPS so I can go search for tupperware! lol I'm going to make it a huge event too. :lol:

Mingez, good luck on the paperwork man. A toast to the thread that never ends!!

Lady

Ok, I pulled the air intake restrictor out last night on the YJ. Sounds cool, and I think I can tell a bit of difference in power, though not much. Figure I'll make the intake hole a bit bigger next.

dude that geo-caching thing is insane.. theres a bunch of caches less and a mile from my house.. what model of GPS unit would you guys reccoment.. i want in on this!

fabing half doors

I use a Garmin Legend. I bought it off of eBay for around $125, I think. You can get GPS units that will work fine for geocaching for as low as $80 if you look around. Basically, you'll be better off with a unit that you can link to your computer and that has extra memory for mapping software, but that's not really necessary. You can enter the waypoints by hand, but it saves time and errors if you can download them directly from the computer. Have fun! Though I haven't really found any yet that I needed the Jeep, I know in other parts of the country, there are caches hidden specifically to be found using 4wd vehicles. You'll be amazed at some of the places you never knew existed once you start looking for caches!

Stomper update, Broke another U joint Friday... I wasn't even wheelin! I just was itchin to get out of work so bad... I mashed the gas on the way out of the parking lot. Next thing I heard was the good ol tom woods CV shaft bashing into my rusty POS muffler.

Pulled over at the next gas station, went to fix replace the U joint... DAMN! I forgot I let my landlady borrow all my Ratches and Wrenches so she can have some guy put an alternator in her car. So I had to yank the shaft and Front wheel it home.

I really gotta get a traction bar... or fab one. Oh and the end yoke tabs broke off again! Need to convert to the U-bolt style... add it to the list.

Speaking of threads that never die I know one that I need to revive. Be right back with the thread.

Well Lady you are almost there. In the light of this post sucess please share your thoughts on the fact that you have made a wish come ture for your self. Do you think you will publish a book on how to do the impossible on the jeepz board? What about movie right? I hope you have a good lawyer for all the contract study and dotting I's and crossing T's. hehehehe tug

Back