Handguns

.500S&W a connon? then you obvious have never seen a .50 cal BMG or also known as 12.7 x 99mm. I have a Barret 95 match grade. Reloading costs are around 2$ a shot.
This gun is already banned in California and there has been talk on the federal level of banning these guns as well.
Barret sniper rifles are made 15 minutes down the road from me. My aunt went to high school with the Barret that designed the first rifle and started to company. Actually 2 of the members of my local jeep club that i wheel with work there. Those rifles are impressive.

Barret sniper rifles are made 15 minutes down the road from me. My aunt went to high school with the Barret that designed the first rifle and started to company. Actually 2 of the members of my local jeep club that i wheel with work there. Those rifles are impressive.

[90Xjay drooling] mmmmm Barret 50 cal......

If you don't mind telling what you paid for it, or PM me, I've heard different prices for the civilian models.

I think I have decided on the Springfield XD 40 Sub Compact. I've got large hands and it was tough finding a pistol that felt comfortable yet is a nice small "carry" pistol.

The extended clip makes the handle fit me perfectly and holds 12 rounds (standard clip holds 9). The 3" barrel is kind of short still gets nice reviews.

What'chall think?:
image-missing.png

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?version=62
It comes with the short and long clips, a holster, a speed loader, and some other extra I can't remember what, exactly. Seems priced about average for a decent .40

I think you have found a winner.
BTW...mine is the 4" not the 5" posted in my previous attachment. Always coming up an inch short....dang!

BTW, alot of my cop friends I know carry a Keltec for backup and off-duty concealed.

I don't own one myself.

image-missing.png

Also, for the price, Bersa makes a fine little .380

image-missing.png

Also am important safety feature you'll want to look for is a de-cocker.

Dude that Kel Tec is a nice Gun

[90Xjay drooling] mmmmm Barret 50 cal......

If you don't mind telling what you paid for it, or PM me, I've heard different prices for the civilian models.
I paid 4185$ for 3 years ago, bought it at the crossroads to the west gun show...had to wait a day to pick it up since he only had one model 95 for show and sale. They have gone up a lot since then, 5800$ on the internet site. I put a Leupold 6.5x24x56mm scope on it and had to send it in 2 times to have the reticle fixed. I am now shooting a 12x36x72mm, I put the 56 on my 300 win mag where it has had no problems.

Last edited:
That's a hoss of a gun when you can fire a shot, look back into the scope and your crosshairs are tied in a granny knot. Awesome.

I think I have decided on the Springfield XD 40 Sub Compact. I've got large hands and it was tough finding a pistol that felt comfortable yet is a nice small "carry" pistol.

The extended clip makes the handle fit me perfectly and holds 12 rounds (standard clip holds 9). The 3" barrel is kind of short still gets nice reviews.

What'chall think?:
image-missing.png

It comes with the short and long clips, a holster, a speed loader, and some other extra I can't remember what, exactly. Seems priced about average for a decent .40

Very nice choice, TC!;)

My father-in-law just received his CCW qualifying with that pistol, he loves it.

I just looked on the "Brady Campaign" website. Seems PA has been given a "D+" for our gun laws.

Yay PA!!! I guess an "F" wouldv'e been better but I'm happy with a "D+".

How does your state do? Are you in one of the 32 elite "D" and "F" states? or are you among the communist states like my former home, Maryland, who gets an "A-"?:
http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/

From Pennsylvania's constitution:

"The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned." - Pennsylvania Constitution, Section 21

I just looked on the "Brady Campaign" website. Seems PA has been given a "D+" for our gun laws.

Yay PA!!! I guess an "F" wouldv'e been better but I'm happy with a "D+".

How does your state do? Are you in one of the 32 elite "D" and "F" states? or are you among the communist states like my former home, Maryland, who gets an "A-"?:
http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/

From Pennsylvania's constitution:

Well, as of 2005, we have a C-, but that is taking into account giving us an A+ for no concealed carry law (which we now have), so I'm sure we're in the "D" range now! Good for us!!!:D

Way to go Louisiana! They got an F, our Lone Star State is not too far behind with a D-
It's funny, Cali and Hawaii are A's. Disgusting.

What'chall think?:
image-missing.png

Sweet choice :D Like I stated before, I have the 4" model but I would LOVE to have the sub too :D

I can't believe it only took 20 minutes to buy and walk out with it, background check included.

In Maryland, that would have taken days:roll:

Cant... wait... to... shoot... it :D :D :D

I have a feeling this won't be my only handgun. I fell in love with several. Too bad they cost so much 8)

Last edited:
Have fun shooting it. I have a brand new Benelli and also a used Beretta at home that I haven't gotten to shoot yet. Got the Benelli back in November. Kinda sad.
Did your .40 XD come with the case, 2 magazines and holster like they are advertising the .45 with?

Back