I need help picking suspension...

JeepAlaska

I just purchased a 99 sport and I would like to run 31's. what is the recommended lift and where can i get it for a good price?
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Hi there "JeepAlaska!"

Well...for a complete stock XJ, you can squeeze 30x9.50's or

255/75r15's.

If you have your heart set on running the 31's, a 31x10.50 will fit easily

with a 3 inch lift.

I've been told the largest you can go regardless of lift and without trimming

the metal is 33x12.50.

As far as pricing- and choosing what kind--not sure.. I'm going through

that part right now with my stock '97.

Good luck!!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Hey Nealster,,,

Yea, I think I'm going to shoot for 31x10.50's.

I located a couple of good websites for 3" lifts but its gonna run close to 700$.

Thanks for the info though...

Happy Jeepin!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I hav ethe Rusty's 3" lift with AAL's (add a leafs). Easy to install and works great. I would recommend that you get the 3" leaf packs though, I here my AAL's will eventually sag. Mine have been in for months now, and the rear is still right at 3.5". There are better lifts, but I hadn't heard that many bad things about the current Rusty's lifts. The prices are great. Mine was right at about $255 shipped, and was mailed to me in about 6 days.

You can check it out at www.rustysoffroad.com[addsig]

I ended up ordering a skyjacker 3" kit priced at about $400. I heard some negative reactions in regards to the rusty's lifts from Rockcrawler.com . Apparently there's nothing wrong with the lift pieces you're getting (but keep in mind they are'nt made by Rusty himself, but purchased from the lowest priced supplier such as procomp or trailmaster; which are fine but not top quality as far as strength) it's just that it does'nt include new control arms (and I think it may not come with a front traction bar relocation bracket). Apparently you don't HAVE to have new contol arms when lifting only 3 inches, but regardless of what Rusty says, the minute you change the angle of the control arm you also have to make a change in length or your axle will be pushed back a little along with everything that's connected to it. This may not be a big deal to you, and may not effect your vehicle if you're not too picky, but still justifies that piece of mind to get the skyjacker (or whatever) kit and know that everything is installed and running perfectly. To tell you the truth, I'm a little picky about all my rigs. I'm a big believer in the "do it right the first time" strategy. Actually, if I were to lift the cherokee the BEST way, it would'nt be with a skyjacker kit. But, since none of us are made of money, I figured the skyjacker kit was a happy medium and a good staring point to build off of.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

The 3" lift doesn't require the LCA's because it doesn't change angle of stock LCA enough to justify buying a set of extended or dog-legged LCA,s. I did check my trac bar, it was off by a little more than 1/8 an inch. The front springs don't appear to have changed the length of my front drive shaft by any more than about 1/8 as well. Mine handles fine, no vibration at all on street or highway.

I selected the Rusty's because of price and customer service. When I asked him if I needed new LCA's or TC drop kit or anything else with the kit he flat out said no. I like the idea that he could have tried to talk me into buying more things that weren't necessary, but didn't.

[addsig]

hey WHAT UP BALLOO!!!! your on thid forum too huh? Which do you like better man JP forum or Jeepz?[addsig]

Back