tire option

jdellis01

I'm looking to find some good 35" tires for my '01 TJ and my local 4wd store is suggesting their Pro Comp brand. I definitely want a M/T, but I had my sights on BF Goodrich. Has anybody had experience the Pro Comp tires? I'm concerned also about how fast the wear will be from street use on these tires.
Thanks for any advice.
image-missing.png

[addsig]

I have never heard of the brand myself. It sounds like one of their brands that they are trying to sell you.. I have BF Goodwrich 35" Mud Terrain A/T raised white letters on my '97 and I love them.. I would say go with what YOU want.. The tires aren't cheap and you don't want to regret spending money on something that you don't want.. Good luck

I think Pro Comp tires are made by the same company that makes Pro Comp suspensions (althought there suspensions aren't that respected). It's tough to recomend tires though, because you get alot of opinion, and not to many facts. I agree with russdawg though, get whatever you like, because it is alot of money. I don't think you'll go wrong with Goodwrench though
[addsig]

Don't buy the procomps. They wear out in under 30K on a 1/2 ton pickup. They mud the worst out of all the mud tires I've used (bf goodrich m/t, futura durango m/t, centennial mud king, maxxis buckshot mudder), and they're expensive. The bf goodrich will last longer than any other mud tires (80k miles on a 10000lb dually). The other three mud just as good but are much cheeper. Durango is sold by pep boys and a few other stores. They also may call it the enforcer m/t which is the same thing. I don't know the price for 35s but 33s cost $94 at pep boys. Pep boys may tell you that they don't make a 35 but it's just that they may not handel them. The mud kings aren't made in 35s, 33s are $99 at discount tire. The buckshot 33s are $124 at discount tire and I don't know the price for 35s. I reccomend the durango if you don't mind a little noise (not like a swamper or anything). But then you won't kick yourself for buying the bfg like you would if you bought the procomp.
[addsig]

Thanks for the responses!! It seems the majority is leaning away from the ProComp brand and I do believe that the company (4Wheel Parts) owns the Pro Comp name and distributes all of their hardware(suspension, lights, tires.) That would easily explain the reason for them pushing that brand. They also tried to sell me on the Pro Comp suspension, which I had read previously on this site, was less than satifactory. Anyway, looks like BF Goodrich is the one. Thanks again!
image-missing.png

[addsig]

Back