What does your Screen name/Nickname mean???

Holy crap Sparky!!!!! :shock:

I see why you felt it necessary to make a webpage with that story on it. WOW.

White said:
At my work we call it getting Hit.
They say its not the voltage but the amperage that kills ya. Anyway you put it, It hurts.

If a Lineman gets it, it's called getting "burned". 60 volts AC with as little as 1 milliamp of current is enough to throw a human heart into fibrilation. 277V is the highest I've been shocked with, one heck of a jolt, and it knocked me off a 12 foot ladder. It was nothing compared to Sparky's though. :shock: :shock: :shock:

...and you're right, anyway you put it, it HERTZ.

sorry I couldn't help the older than dirt pun!

Great story, Sparky! Any significance (?sp?) to the "-Watts"? Guess it does sound better than "Sparky-Amps"!! :)

mud4feet said:
Great story, Sparky! Any significance (?sp?) to the "-Watts"? Guess it does sound better than "Sparky-Amps"!! :)

Not really. I was playing a computer golf game and my player needed a first and last name....so I just threw in Watts. That was way before I realized that there was a cartoon character years ago with the name Sparky Watts. :lol:

Nice Story Sparky. I won't take my chest pains so lightly anymore. :mrgreen:

Damn, I must be boring. Jules is simply short for Julius.

Actually, it's pretty easy for me to remember my username when I log onto all these dang Jeep sites (Jeepz, JU, Jeepin, jeepforum, jeepaholics.....).

Jules

my youngest son had an imagenary friend who talked to him a lot - I just picked it up.

I'm bumping this up again, because we have a lot of newcomers since the last time it was up.

So new guys, what do your screen names or nicknames mean?

My name is obvious to tho's of you who were lucky enough to have laid thier eyes upon Miss purple. Not very creative but my old yahoo name was tigris, have no idea why just thought it sounded cool until the war with Irag started and the tigris river was all over the news. Then I didnt really like it anymore. anywho thats my name and im sticking to it even tho I own a TJ now.

RE: Do you read or like JP Magazine?

MerkL-my name

RE: been a while

Well my name referrs to more of a dream than anything else. I'm a huge aviation buff and will be joining the Air Force to hopefully become a pilot. I would love to fly the new F/A-22 Raptor. Hence the name raptor_pilot.
Mike

well if you havent figured it out already my SN comes from not having a Jeep. i had to sell it when i was 20. so i was jeepless when i was 20 hence jeepless20, but yall can call me Jeep.

RE: 96 or older passenger side XJ door or window glass

My grandpappi Jebediah Smith of Farlorng Nebraska was a pioneer in the light bulb industry. In 1917 he founded a company that took the old fashioned system that hand placed them there little wires inside the bulbs and created a machine that formed the bulb around them.
He also took the square shaped lightbulbs of the day and worked with designers to give them the sexier sleeker roundness you know today.......

Okay thats not true, ya'll know what roundlights are, its what they put on REAL Jeeps!! :lol:

What an awesome story! I hope I can find the one in a mannner close to that!
Good 4 Mud!

mud4feet said:
When my Jeep was 6 days old, I took her and a woman out to several mudholes and got stuck in one. Trying to impress this woman and not knowing a thing about my new Jeep, I looked out the door and wondered why only one wheel was spinning (ok, ok, I've learned!!). Asked Bonney to look out her side and see, just as I gunned it. Needless to say, she turned to me covered with mud. I was thinking, "Oh, shite, what have I done?" About that time, she burst out with one of the heartiest laughs I've ever heard. I thought to myself "Now, THAT'S my kinda woman!" Needless to say, she is now my wife. We became "Mudman" and "Mudwoman". AOL (or some such lousy ISP) wouldn't let me have that name, and I became mud4feet - I figured that was close enough.

And just WHAT feels better than nice cold much squishin' between your toes?

RE: Zipper on a soft top?

mingez said:
It doesn't hurt here... not here so much... But RIIIGGGHHHHTTT here.

Man, I've seen a lot of things in my life but that was.........AWESOME!!! Sorry about your car Richard.

Farley rules.

......oh yeah, well.......you're brain has a shell on it........

Mine is easy. When I was a Deputy in the 80's, my training officer never could say my last name: Estaban Sabastian, etc, etc(not even close). So he and the sector Lt shortened it. Sort of stuck. Plus I am a saint...*cough*

Now that I'm a sheepherder, my customers think the opposite. Life is good.

RE: Re: RE: Times are changing and so is my ride

as most of you have seen i drop my drawers quite often, so people joke aften askin if i've got ants in my pants... and my friends all use the phrase "antsy" to refer to wanting "some" so they also just joke that i've got ants in my pants and cant wait to get em off... been kind of a joke for the past few years.

I must've missed this one. My handle is Craig because that's my name. I couldn't think of anything good at the time I signed up. I go by NorthShoreJeep on other sites because I live North to most of you and I live by the Ocean hence NorthShoreJeep.

Back