The OFFICIAL Random thread

Oh yeah, well what about the most important kind of engineer??

A Train Engineer! :purple: :purple: :purple:

You get the Dudley Doright treament...tied to the tracks and a steam engine runs over you:purple: :purple: :purple: :purple: :purple:
Is is it the great Nell treatment?

On a different note.....thinking of trading the ol' Jeeper.....along with my 95 civic for a 03 Toyota Tacoma ext cab 4x4...........

On The Lighter Side
Eve's Side of the Story

After three weeks in the Garden of Eden, God came to visit Eve. ‘So, how is everything going?’ inquired God.

‘It is all so beautiful, God,’ she replied. ‘The sunrises and sunsets are breathtaking, the smells, the sights, everything is wonderful, I have just one problem. It's these breasts you have given me. The middle one pushes the other two out and I am constantly knocking them with my arms, catching them on branches and snagging them on bushes. I do hate to complain but, they're a real pain,’ reported Eve.

Eve went on to tell God that since many other parts of her body came in pairs, her limbs, eyes, ears, etc., she felt that having just two breasts might leave her body more ‘symmetrically balanced.’

‘That's a fair point,’ replied God, ‘but it was my first shot at this, you know. I gave the
animals six breasts, so I figured that you needed only half of those, but I see that you are right. ‘I will fix it up right away.’

So God reached down, removed the middle breast and tossed it into the bushes. Three weeks passed and God once again visited Eve in the Garden of Eden. ‘Well, Eve, how is my favorite creation?’

‘Just fantastic,’ she replied, but for one oversight. ‘You see, all the animals are paired off. The ewe has a ram, and the cow has her bull. All the animals have a mate except me. Sometimes I feel so alone.’

God thought for a moment and said, ‘You know, Eve, you are right. How could I have overlooked this? You do need a mate and I will immediately create a man from a part of you. Now let's see, where did I put that useless boob?’

Now doesn't THAT make more sense than that stuff about the rib?

On a different note.....thinking of trading the ol' Jeeper.....along with my 95 civic for a 03 Toyota Tacoma ext cab 4x4...........
Well the Toyota deal feel thru....BUT...I did strike up a deal on a sweet 2000 Chevy Z71!:D I go in in the morning to see if it can be finalized. I drove the Z71 home today to show the Mrs.. She hates to get rid of the Jeep but says that "is one sweet truck!"8)

Let ya know how it turns outs......

This is the part where Saurian spent the evening drinking several bottles of his Michigan Wine collection... And then friends came over. And then we had more wine, and some bottles from my first batch of homebrewed beer... Then we went to the local brewery, where I had 4 glasses of sack mead... Upon being driven home, I walked 2 miles with my friend to the halfway point between our houses, as his Jeep is sitting at my place tonight... I then walked home...

I point this out, because, besides being a totally random, and drunken post, well, you have to picture this... Picture a standard day of working and sleeping. Pretty much the same story for my entire week/month... Today was different. After getting off a hard day of work, instead of sitting inside in front of the idiot-box, I went outside and split some wood... A lot of wood... Enough to fill the woodrack, and get some more stacked outside. I did this while it was snowing out, and by the sole light of the back porch light, because it was dark... I came in, and had a glass of wine with dinner, which then turned into a couple bottles with a friend, and my brother... Then my buddy Mark called up. He showed up with his girl. We had some wine, then went up to the brewery... Both his brothers showed up... It was Mark, his girl Katie, his brothers John and Mike, my buddy Ben, and myself... Sitting in the brewery, Mark, his brothers, and I, fellow Irishmen toasting everything under the sun with Ben and Katie...

I don't know particularly why I'm posting this, save for it's randomness... But, you have to see where I'm coming from... I am sitting here, at 4:08 AM, Saturday Morning, and after a damn hard day at work, I spent the night hanging out with my friends having good drink, and having fun... This is a good thing, and something I do not do often... At this very moment, I am typing this, letter by letter, as if I try to type fast, I screw it all up, with a couple tomato-and-cheese sandwiches on onion rolls, feeling absolutely wonderful... It is very rare that I get to hang out with good friends, good friends who are not afraid to have fun in public... Toasting everything under the sun in boisterous Irish accents is something that a lot of people would not be seen doing in public... You get the McLaughlin brothers with me (Ballantine), and hilarity ensues... In a German brewery, no less...

I feel better than I've felt in quite some time, and am happy that this is so... I leave this post with the best toast of the night (toasted by me...)

To absent friends, though they not be here, may we toast to them as if they were by our side.

The tornado sirens are testing now... Are YOURS?

We have "nuke plant melt-down" sirens................go off first Wed. of every month - 10 a.m.

I suppose they could use them for tornado warnings, but I'm afraid everyone would think there's a meltdown! :shock:

We don't have tornado sirens they call them the poison gas sirens because we that the Toolie chemical incinerator just over the hill....they say you several minutes to put on your gas mask after hearing the sirens...I hope the guy pushing the button isn't a slow walker.

Surf today, chest to head high. Yesterday, chest to overhead. Great way to start my spring break.

Reminds me of a funny story from the other night. Our little fly speck on the map has both a tornado siren and a fire siren. The fire siren is a throwback to the days before radios and pagers to bring the all-volunteer fire department in from the fields in case of a fire. They also blow it each day at noon, also a throwback to the old days to call the farmers in from the fields for lunch. We just call it the "noon whistle" now. Anyway, they still blow it when we have a fire, as we don't have enough pagers and radios for all the firefighters.

Now the story:

I believe it was either Tuesday or Wednesday night of this week, we were having tornadoes east of us a couple of counties over. I fell asleep watching the coverage on TV. It was very windy all day and all night, 35-40 mph winds with gusts up to 55. Sometime around 3:30am, I was awakened to a very loud bang against the side of the house. Still thinking I was watching the tornado warning coverage on TV, of course it scared the pee-waddin' out of me. Then, over the din of the wind outside, I heard a siren....OMG! Of course, my first thought was that it was the tornado siren, and I heard two more loud bangs against the side of the house. I jumped up and turned on the scanner, but couldn't get anything. The TV didn't show anything, and the NOAA Weather Radio wasn't going off, but outside the wind was howling, and all the wind-chimes along the front porch were making a heckuva racket! I grabbed the essentials and started herding the animals into the closet in our bedroom under the stairs (since we have no basement, we use that and hope we don't get hit with anything stronger than an EF-2 tornado). Meanwhile, I frantically dialed our dispatch center to see how much time I had before I died (Sunshine was in Caldwell with her mom, thank goodness). Imagine my embarrassment when the dispatcher told me it wasn't the tornado siren, but the fire siren. :redface: Apparently, there was a barn on fire north of town! :shock: Just as I hung up the phone, it instantly started ringing again....it was my mom, and she sounded just as panicky as I had been just a few moments earlier! :lol: She also thought it was the tornado siren, because of the wind. Of course, I acted all calm and casual like I knew it was the fire siren (even though my heart was still racing about 200 beats a minute! :lol: ) Apparently, the loud bangs I had been hearing was our porch swing hitting the front of the house, right outside the window by the couch where I was sleeping. :lol:

It's funny now, but believe me, it wasn't at the time!:redface:

Last edited:
Back